Share your funny sleep talking stories

Whenever the Farmers Insurance commercials come on, I like to sing their jingle.

One time, when the commercial wasn’t playing, I did it in my sleep: “We are Farmers! Bum-ba-dum-bum-bumbumbum!”

Another time, while my sister was still awake, my mother and I did a tag-team sleep-talk in a hotel room:

Mom: Lieutenant, close the refrigerator!
Me: Sir, yes, sir!

Years ago, shortly after my husband-to-be and I started co-habitating, I say bolt upright in bed and started screaming about the SPIDER that had just fallen from the ceiling. “Big, black spider! It fell on my face! Now it’s in the bed somewhere.” I started flipping the covers back and trying to kill the spider.

Husband jumped straight out of bed and started freaking out about the large spider that I was babbling about. Buck nekkid of course.

It was a dream. No spider. A recurring nightmare for me, so I was quite sure there was no gigantic spider once he finally woke me up. He did ask if this happened often. (He married me anyway, so I guess I’m forgiven.) I never had the dream again after that.

Karmic revenge struck back quickly. I woke up and my SO was giggling to himself. I asked him what was so funny that he woke me up laughing. He said, “I farted and it smelled so bad that I woke up.” Then he was unresponsive. I went back to sleep. In the morning, he didn’t remember it.

“You’re killing her! Get up! YOU’RE KILLING HER!” is what I was apparently shouting.

I woke up hyperventilating, heart pounding, kneeling on my bed, with the lights on, my entire family at my bedroom door, staring at me in fear.

I woke myself up screaming from an awful nightmare.

In it, my niece was a newborn and she was laying on a fluffy couch while a severely obese man sat down on top of her. I could see she was suffocating. The fat guy was puzzled, wondering why i was yelling at him in such a crazy manner.

Acknowledging that this is a zombie. When I was young I shared a bedroom with my younger brother. He had a tendency to talk in his sleep and grind his teeth, etc. It never bothered me until I saw The Exorcist! Right after I saw that, I was sound asleep, woke up to my brother sitting up in bed, speaking in what seemed to be backwards Latin, Holy Shit! Freaked me out in a big way!