Share your tabouli recipes

I can throw together a passable tabouli salad, but I want spectacular. Anyone have anything that tastes really great or is unusual in a tasty way?

(Not mere idle curiosity, as I may be living on the stuff for the next month or so.)

I made Moosewood’s tabouli recipe the other night and it was pretty good…nothing too different from your standard tabouli except for the addition of chickpeas, and I use cous cous in my tabouli rather than bulgar (bulgar being completely unavailable anywhere in Reno :mad: ).

Being no fan of cold tabouli, I keep mine hot, and add peas & carrots and butter.

Funny you should ask…I “invented” a good breakfast this morning by trying to use up some leftovers in the fridge. I had some tabouli made with bulgur wheat and tomatoes, with some thinly sliced raw carrots, so I heated up some of that with a pat of butter in a small pan, then scrambled it together with some leftover egg whites and topped it with some shredded cheddar cheese. It looked like poodle barf, but it was yummy!