She even [i]looks[/i] like Captain Janeway

I hope Janeway isn’t at Helm’s Deep in the EE. Whatever that is.

As for what Bush would do, maybe he wouldn’t appove of seedless oranges? I feel like they might not be in-tune with the pro-life agenda.

I can’t keep track of Arwen and whats-her-name.
What is EE? We’re talking about the Two Towers, right? Was that the episode where Janeway and Paris turned into salamanders or something?

I think Janeway would be good at Helm’s Deep. She could stand on the wall belting out showtunes. The orcs would stay away from that surely.

And I don’t think Arwen wears EE. Those are awful wide for such a dainty flower of elvishness.

Nah, Arwen won’t be at Helm’s Deep in the EE. That’s because [spoiler]Peter Jackson is going to have her save the day in ROTK. Think about it; even though it’s the shortest of the three volumes, and even though we won’t be seeing the Scouring of the Shire, there’s going to be too much crap to cram into the next film for Aragorn and Co. to go traipsing all over Gondor. They haven’t even gotten to Gollum’s betrayal and the battle with Shelob, plus you have to have some sort of closure with Saruman. And Helm’s Deep was only, what, twelve pages out of TTT, and managed to translate into a goodly chunk of the movie. What’s Jackson going to do with the much longer siege of Minas Tirith? No, what’s going to happen is this:

Aragorn and Co. go straight to Minas Tirith, skipping the whole bit with the Paths of the Dead, and stay there through the whole siege. This will allow Aragorn to firmly establish his kingliness by bravely leading the doomed defense. Then, just as things are at their worst, the Corsairs appear. Just like in the book, but…SURPRISE! It’s Arwen at the helm, along with a crapload of elven archers, kamikaze dwarves and battle-cloned seedless oranges. And that’s why fire engines are red.[/spoiler]

Remember, you read it here first.

I love it! They thought this was going to be yet another Star Trek thread, and it turns into yet another LOTR thread! Way to hijack, Nenya_Elizabeth!

So we hijack yet again as I notice the French surrender monkeys seem to be moderating their stance about Iraq. The Germermans are still stuck in the boat they built out of killer oranges seeds.

Ethel Merman’s in town, want to go see her? I’ll be with you as soon as I shave my tongue.

I knew the French would be back in LOTR ROTK.

Hoshi says “Hi!” She’s taking a shower so she can’t say much right now. I got some Herbal Essence shampoo. Let’s see how many languages she’ll moan in.

Yeah, well Sisko would just phaser the ring and that would be the end of that!!!

Return of the King? No, you’re thinking of the Voyager episode “Unimatrix Zero Zero”. Brent Spiner was in it, played a Borg drone. Type casting.

C A S T I N G
There. I typed “casting.” Now what?

Type it until a mod tells you to stop.

No no no, not Doctor Who, The Who!

Trip has a traumatic experience which leaves him deaf, dumb and blind. But, boy, he sure plays a mean pinball!

How do you think he does it?

I’m starting to understand why none of my threads about The Shadow ever got anywhere . . .

I don’t know.

What makes him so good?

That’s what we need! A Star Trek Rock Opera!

I was having a nap thank you.

Carny hijacks own thread

Well, maybe not.

Ah, the Shadow… Man of mystery. Well, to me at least. I’m sure he’s got someone out there to make excuses for him.

He was certainly the most penny-conscious of the pulp heroes. While others were investing in grappling hooks and custom-made autogyros, the Shadow felt perfectly comfortable with just a hat and a snug red muffler. Of course, since he was invisible most of the time, I guess it didn’t much matter. Still, one gets the sense that he just wasn’t trying as hard as he could have been. Hell, even the Spider went to the trouble of wearing novelty fangs! Of course, the Spider was fantastically goofy, so perhaps he’s a bad example.

My most vivid memory of the Shadow was listening to one of his radio serials one time with some friends. Gripping, two-fisted adventure, this; some fiend was attempting to poison the city reservoir, and Lamont and Margo had to intervene. At one point our hero does his trademark “clouding men’s minds” bit on the villain, a fellow named Gerber. You don’t encounter too many fictional criminal masterminds named Gerber, and it turns out that there’s a good reason for this. Anyway, the Shadow proceeds to mercilessly taunt and harangue an increasingly rattled Gerber from behind his cloak of invisibility: “What do you think you’re doing, Gerber? Don’t go out on that ledge…Gerber. --You’ll never escape justice…Gerber. I’m coming to get you…Gerber. Remember, the weed of crime bears bitter fruit…Gerber.”

We just about died laughing. Great, great stuff.

Well, you can start it now. It’ll be a parallel universe/alternate response thread in which we post completely different replies than we did/have/are in the one currently running.

Huh?

Yeah, Romulan Ale does that to you.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I used to have that recipe…I know there was Blue Curacao involved. There were two other ingredients. But as you said, it has permanent effects on human brains.

You wait…

One day, we’re gonna have such a cool Trekker/Doper party.