Shelob in Return of the King(click here for pic)

It’s all dark in Cirith Ungol, Sam whips out the phial of Galadriel, and Shelob is RIGHT BEHIND HIM! The a really cool spider scream, and a spider POV shot of eight Sams holding eight phials, sort of like the faceted image from the original Fly.

The others handled it admirably, but thanks.

“a spider POV shot of eight Sams holding eight phials, sort of like the faceted image from the original Fly.”

Uhm no, not for me. Things like that are among my film pet peeves. But, that’s just me.

…have you read the books? As cool as that is, it’s entirely not canonical. The whole point is that Sam’s pressed to the wall (figuratively, at least) and suddenly remembers the phial, which he gropes for under his shirt, and holds out, suddenly recalling the elvish “O Elbereth, Gilthoniel!” Flowing from his tongue as though it had been loosed, though he does not know the language. He does not use the phial simply for light, but to keep Shelob at bay.

[/Tolkien loser geek]

ahem Terribly sorry. I meant no offense.

<< Given how they did Gollum, the real problem with Shelob is going to be finding someone with six arms to wear the motion capture suit. >>

Well, if fore-armed is fore-warned, then Shelob is twice as well off.