Shirley's People Poll #2, A serious question

Smiths Salt ‘n’ Shake, without the salt.

Ya know, if you’re going on a hike and need some chips to survive an hour in your backpack, you really can’t beat Pringles, so there.

Hey, about those Baked Lays? It says on the package, “Naturally baked.” How does that happen, exactly? Did early explorers find potatoes that had grown near a fault line where there was an earthquake and uprising of magma which caused the potatoes to get mashed into a paste, spread on the hot rocks, and baked? 'cause that would be one odd occurrence. Just wondering.

I like almost any kind of chip but I eat the plain Lays or KC Masterpiece BBQ most often.

Occassionally I’ll have Salt & Vinegar, Sour Cream-N-Chives, or Cool Ranch Doritos but I really have to be in the mood for them.

Jomo he not eat “potato chip.” Never did. Jomo hungry, he eat apple.

Dirty Potato Chips (brand name). Original flavor.

My favorite is Zapp’s. They’re outta New Orleans,so it’s hard to find em outside the South, but they’re dee-bontemps-alicious. Really thick, fried in peanut oil, and their spicy flavors are much better than others I’ve had. My faves are Cajun Crawtaters, Jalapeno, and Salt and Vinegar. The new sweet tater ones are pretty yummy.

They have a swell website, too: http://www.zapps.com

Barbeque Baked Lays. I think I’m addicted to them. The only reason I don’t eat them by the truckload is that here in Seattle (as in several other western states) you can only get them in the single-serve bags, like at Subway. They don’t sell them in big bags in the grocery stores.

Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar or

Old Dutch Salt and Vinegar
HMMMMMMM

I want to second the vote for Zapps chips. The cajun crawtaters are very nice.

Another potentially obscure pick is Ballreich’s Potato Chips… They’re from Tiffin, Ohio and I can say that these are of very high quality for those who enjoy a pure potato chip as opposed to some fancy flavored kind.

Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles…mmmmm

Talk about brain food’ I always want smart onions rather than dumb ones. (And yes I know Wise is the brand, it just struck me as funny)

Tim’s Cascade are indeed the best, but I prefer the original flavor: Thick cut russet potatoes, peanut oil (the ONLY oil for real chip lovers) and salt. Nothing else.

Or for the occasional treat: Jalapeno flavor. Mmmm…

Lay’s Original… just the right saltiness and crunch… not too thick.

Oil?! Everybody knows that the best potato chips are fried in pure 100% lard. Truly good potato chips make your heart valves slam shut as soon as you swallow.

Zap!

I LOVE Pringles. Almost all flavors except original (too salty).

**Hey, about those Baked Lays? It says on the package, “Naturally baked.” How does that happen, exactly? **

Lay’s employees cook the potato chips naked. ;D
I love Salt & Vineager Kettle Chips.

Yes, Kettle chips-- salt and vinegar or the yogurt-chive
or Tim’s Cascade jalapeno. Yay!
Now I’m hungry and need lard and salt.

Pringles or Sun Chips French onion flavor.

Poore Brothers Jalapeno and also their Salt and Vinegar. Homemade tasting, thick with lots o’bite, and both guaranteed to clear your sinuses quite nicely, thank you.

Hey, that makes sense. It’s the best way to make bacon, too.

Salt and vinegar for sure. Around here (Montana), Lay’s are usually all I can get hold of (occasionally Tim’s), but when I was college in northern Ohio, I used to eat about three large bags of Thomasson’s salt and vinegar chips a week. Absolute potato chippy bliss!

Failing that, BBQ Ruffles.