shIT PUPPET nutgargleASS CREED!!

ok, so in short, being forcefed the same song over and over again makes you sick (which I’m gonna say is true of ANY PIECE OF MUSIC. You play Moonlight Sonata 30 times a day for a month and you WILL curse Beethoven.) and I can understand that. But for all my good ear and the fact that I’m very critical of vocal skills (or at least my mother has always hated when I critique her singing because I’m too picky), I don’t see (hear) anything wrong with Avril’s voice. Not talking about the lyrics - I’m sure she does have better songs. (Remember ‘Play’ by J. Lo? OH MY FUCKING GAWD.) There are some other very popular bands who have poor-ish vocal talent but innovative lyrics and damned good instrumentalists make up for it, to me. This is all MHO.

As for Creed - I think their songs are… interesting. In small doses. The lead singer’s voice grates on my ear and he’s going to end up with nodules on his vocal cords.

And does that mean you have no problem with Canadian artists in general? ok then :slight_smile:

Creed is the John Tesh of “rock” music–apologies to John Tesh. I’d like to see Maynard James Keenan create a large Stapp Smear. I couldn’t believe how Creed ripped Zep’s “Kashmir” so heavily in part of that putrid offering “My Sacrifice” or whatever the hell it was called. Creed makes Hootie and the Blowfish look like Danzig at a Satanic Black Ceremony orgy. No wonder the French think we’re a bunch of idiots.

I blame this whole debacle, in fact, I blame every problem in the world today on MTV. Carson Daly is the anti-christ and TRL Live is more dangerous to the youth of today than any weapon of mass destruction that in existence. And now I hear that MTV may carry some of the NCAA tournament games if CBS’ coverage is preempted by the war with Iraq. Great . . . I can just hear Puck talking about a player’s tattoo while the game is on the line. I’m gonna puke.

Lachrymology

When a radio station starts playing Creed, that’s how you know it’s going downhill. I know a program manager who got pressured to play Creed when management above her changed. She stuck to her guns and refused to play Creed, and so the station retains its integrity. Quite simply, there are just so many different formats of stations that play Creed, they’re just overplayed. I remember driving along in Kansas City a couple years back, hearing that “can you take me higher” song, immediately changing the channel only to find the same exact song on the new channel at the same time. :frowning: That was when I knew these guys must be stopped.

What pisses people off about the whole Christian element isn’t just that they’re Christian. Did you ever see Pit rants about Amy Grant? No, what Creed has is this arrogance, like because they work a simplistic religious message into their songs that makes them Christian visionaries or something. And because they have that message, that’s supposed to set them a level above the people writing about everyday crap like estranged lovers? Creed’s Christian message is about on the level of a high schooler, it’s not exactly like they’re setting St. Augustine to music.

You know, I’d heard of ‘madness, starving hysterical’, but I’d never actually seen it before. Rather Joycean, really.

This thread is a thing of beauty. The above brings to mind They Might Be Giants, my favorite group.

Then there is,

Wonderful. Reminds me of Infernal Mole Blowers.

And then there is the simple fact that the OP is all about trashing that sickening, whining, shriveled, oozing orifice of noise that is Creed.

They have a message of Christianity? I never realized. The agony I feel when they begin to emit, I mean play, reminds me of having my teeth drilled and that time I fell ten feet and landed on concrete face-down. I immediately change the station or channel (made far easier by listening to stations with taste) to avoid the awful experience of having to endure it.

Just thinking about them makes my bowels clinch up and and prepare to jettison their cargo to once again be clean.

Vogons could take poetry pointers from these talentless, hackneyed, moaning, pedantic tyrants of aural flatulence.

Begone with them, I say!

Avril is exceptionally talented. She could go down in history if she doesn’t self destruct. What a voice - I’d listen with glee to her singing the menu at Olive Garden.

Check out my reverie. I’m seeing Scott Stapp drenched with brine, all intense with white teeth and impossibly oily skin, shout: “Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.”

Right after that he gets eaten by a sea monster. Mmm - good times.

Quite a few are seeing arrogance in Creed’s demeanor. All I see is humility and joyousness. So interesting the prisms of our perceptions through which our common experiences are projected, resulting in such contrasting realities.

<slight hijack>

Avril’s her own boss. She says what she wants, and she tells the recording companies that she’s gonna do things her way. Avril sums it all up by saying that she’s this generation’s Sid Vicious.

Oh really, says, the interviewer. So, were the Sex Pistols a big influence on your music?

Who are the Sex Pistols? she asks.

:: Janie cocks gun, aims it at Avril’s lying face ::