Short term hobby recomendations

Maybe you could ride a handbike. I know they are fairly expensive, but maybe you could get a used one and sell it later for not much loss.

How about paddling (canoe or kayak)?

I was going to suggest picking up a couple jigsaw puzzles.

Hand embroidery.

You can find lots of free patterns to transfer, the supplies are cheap, and monogrammed handkerchiefs with A Daniel Johnston frog on them are always in style. http://sublimestitching.com/collections/patterns-all-mix/products/daniel-johnston-embroidery-patterns

I’d always heard that sailors aboard ship sometimes took up knitting or embroidery. One co-worker saw me working on a piece and informed me that his uncle was a bombadier in WWII and he took up embroidery as a way to pass the time and keep his mind occupied while waiting around.
and Richard Saja rocks!

I was going to suggest getting one of those 35,000 piece jigsaw puzzles.

Get yourself K’Nex.

For a month I think you deserve the big box.

These things are not just a kids toy. If you are at all mechanically gifted they are instant kinetic sculpture.

Ahhh, now I get it, the suggestion is that I should go target shooting…with a sniper rifle.

Sniper shooting with a target rifle would be more of a challenge.

I jumped in to suggest this kind of thing. After 40+ years of wanting to learn, I finally got around to teaching myself basic soldering. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos, got a kit and a high-quality iron, and made myself follow all those instructions a couple hours each night for about a week. I won’t say I’m an expert yet, (I wouldn’t look for a job in a factory) but I do appreciate the ability to upgrade some of the splices I did on the motorcycle years ago and repair some of the cold joints on a second-hand keyboard I bought cheap. And it’s a skill that could come in handy if only to save you a buck or two on replacements or hiring someone else to fix stuff for you.

And, if you get good enough at it, then the Maker and Arduino fad could be your next step(s).

—G!

A good drone with an HD camera for aerial photography.

Sea monkeys.

https://www.google.com/search?q=finger+knitting&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiGvunD-5TPAhWD6oMKHWjgAuQQ_AUICSgC&biw=995&bih=665

Finger knitting. All you need is yarn!

Also see if there is a maker’s space in your town – you can join for a month and try out various crafts without making an investment in any equipment.

Good luck! I find it’s an enjoyable thing to work on while sitting in boring meetings…sort of like doodling or something, but so much cooler.

I like the drone - or RC aircraft.

Target shooting with a quality air rifle/pistol.