Short term hobby recomendations

Archery

Canning. You likely won’t want to buy a pressure canner, but Boiling Water Bath canning would require very little in terms of equipment. You can make jams and pickles and salsas (be sure to use recipes tested to be safe for BWB canning).

Then come the holidays you will have a nice stash of jars of homemade goodies to give as gifts.

Another thought is candlemaking. Again, not a lot of equipment is needed, and you end up with stuff that makes nice gifts.

Research an aspect of history that you’d always been curious about.

If I do, I have to forewarn you, I have exactly zero experience looking for sponsors let alone convincing them to give me/us/you money.

I’ll take your word for it on the bag and tape. I’ve only ever broken an arm as a youth and bread bag and duct tape was sufficient for showers and swimming.

I’m really sort of starting to lean towards the toys suggestions for you. Do they still make Erector Sets? You could build some kind of futuristic industrio-goth like candle holders for the candles **Anny **suggested

Use the downtime to become proficient at video editing. That way when you are back to fully active you can start your own youtube channel documenting your exploits.

How about painting miniature figures? There are lots of them out there, fantasy, sci-fi, historical, and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg (which is good as you would be stuck hopping in circles…)
Link for some examples.

Gotta about a thousand to splurg with?

Astronomy is great hobby.

Greetings, boot brother. I broke my foot a month ago and have been in a cam boot.

I play the guitar, so I’ve been doing more of that. As far as new hobbies, I’m trying to learn to cook. I’ve signed up for Blue Apron. I know it’s a little expensive compared to buying everything yourself at the grocery store, but I’m viewing it as food + cooking lessons.

Also, I recommend finding a thick-soled shoe for your other foot. The boot is pretty tall, and it makes walking much easier.

A hobby for Spiderman? Um, web architecture? Spinning? Creating and storing pre-digested meals? Spending more time with Aunt May?

My new skill for the year! Thank you!

Pisces, right?

Hopefully no criminals read this…I wouldn’t go spreading the word too much that you’re out of commission for a while.

Duolingo has a lot of excellent language courses. They won’t make you fluent, but each course approximately equivalent to two semesters at the college level. It takes me two or three months to finish each course.

For academic subjects other than foreign languages, I like edX, a platform of online courses offered by a consortium of several top universities from around the world. You have to pay if you want a verified certificate of completion, but you can audit most of their courses for free. Coursera is a similar platform, but I tend not to enjoy their courses as much.

Close up magic. Just classic stuff with ever present props. There are plenty of tricks you can get pretty good at with a few hours of practice. I can do a couple of card tricks with an unprepared deck and they never fail to provide amusement whenever I stumble across a pack of cards while with people who haven’t seen the tricks.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/05/magic-tricks-90-seconds/#hLCphrz6igqp

You can get a pair of giant binoculars for much less, and you’ll see some amazing stuff. I have this pair. They’re heavy so you’ll need a sturdy tripod, but they’re much easier to set up and aim than a telescope- and you can see galaxies, nebulae, star clusters etc. I’ve seen an awful lot of M objects with mine.

Too late to edit: Here are some books on binocular astronomy.

I already do that though I did just get some new software I want to play with, to see if it has any features that I don’t already have. (The old Movie Maker 6 has a Star Wars crawl that I’ve used.)

I just ordered an Evenup (½ price on Amazon)

Did you read the OP? I’m not allowed to cycle, outdoors or spin class. :mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

:confused: I’m actually at home more now…& there’s no injury to my trigger finger.

This one I really like.
Keep 'em coming.

I too was confused until I realized he meant that the supervillains plaguing Metropolis (or NYC, or Gotham City, or whatever it’s called this year) would have a field day while Spiderman is unavailable to do his Spidey-thing.

Spindle, not bike.

There’s always jigsaw puzzles.

Go drive around for Uber, make some cash, meet some interesting people and have some nice chats.