Should I abandon homosexuals?

Can this really be THE airdisc?

I think it’s kinda ironic that the people showing me the most compassion are gay guys. (Matt_mcl, I think, is gay) And that the straight people are getting their panties in a wad.

I thought about it some more. I really haven’t met too many decent people of an ethniticity, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. I haven’t met many decent blacks, but I haven’t met many decent white. I haven’t met many decent straights either.

Oh, and flygirl, yes, because as we all know, it’s never the pedophile’s fault if he molests a kid. :rolleyes:

Oh and Lamia, ironically, the solution is exactly the opposite of what you recommend. I should meet more homosexuals, because the more I meet, the greater the odds of me meeting a nice gay guy. This further convinces me that if stupidity were convinence, you’d be a 7-11.

airdisc, dearest, you’ve been warned once by a moderator about directly insulting other posters, no matter how riled they get you. You’re going to get yourself banned if you keep it up. If you want to call out Lamia, do it in the Pit, not here.

Esprix

In response to the OP----

I think it’s probably easy to look at these problems and reason: All the people causing me problems here are gay; therefore, it would be best to avoid gay people.

However, you’ve probably also been caused pain/annoyance/etc. at the hands of people who have blond hair. Yet, so far as we know, you’re not avoiding blonds.

Though the discussion of these problems probably brought to light some gay-related issues, they’re not problems that could only be perpetrated by a gay person.

And if it’s any consolation, I went through a stage of my coming out in which I absolutely refused to associate with any straight people before it dawned on me that they have many of the same issues as gay people :slight_smile:

airdisc,

when I first read your post, I was in agreement with **MrVisible
** in that you were sincere.

my 2 cents:

the fact that you haven’t met MANY decent people is kinda sad.

Either you are hanging around a horrible sort of people.
or
(more likely)
the problem is from within.
I mean that sincerely and not as a “in your face” response.

you said that you were molested and I feel *terrible *for you.

I am not by any means a shrink, but I wonder if that is somehow related to your notion that there aren’t many decent paople out there.

If you haven’t gotten help for that, I hope you do. It’s not easy to go through life with that on your shoulders.

Please take this advise, airdisc. Don’t do this again.

Cajun Man - SDMB Moderator

A rabbi is sitting by the side of the road, gazing at the beautiful countryside. A traveller approaches him and asks him “Rabbi, how are the people in the village ahead?” The rabbi answers “How were the people where you come from?” The traveller says “They were the worst kind of cheats and thieves, hateful and spiteful.” The rabbi tells him “I’m sorry to tell you, the people in the next village are no different.” The man takes off grumbling. After another hour another man approaches, and starts a conversation with the rabbi, mentioning the beautiful view. Then he asks “Excuse me, rabbi, what are the people like, in that village I see in the distance?” The rabbi asks “How are the people whence you come?” The second traveller says “They’re the salt of the earth; kind, generous and full of compassion for their fellow man.” The rabbi smiles and tells him “I have good news for you - You will find that the people in the next town down the road are just the same.”

Mr. Winkelried, that has to be the truest, most important thing I’ve ever seen posted on these boards.

I am in awe.

Arnold W… that is one of my favorite parables and it is so, so true. Thanks.

Shameful, shameful behavior … cuddling up next to the producer/writer to get a part! You sure you didn’t go to school in Hollywood?

:slight_smile:

I offer, with a sense of trepidiation, my opinion.

Airdisc, don’t abandon homosexuals. Just abandon jerks and assholes in your life. Inconsiderate people don’t correspond with any sexual or even political alignments. Take them on individual bases and try be fair and unbiased to each.

I wish I could say that I have adhered to this advice unswervingly myself, but I can not. I try though.

Y’all do nice work by discussing this in a civil manner…

Ignoring any personal insults, has anyone else had the impression that airdisc is more tolerant of homosexuals than much of one’s own real life community? (Yes, I know that I only know the opinions of homosexuals from a few people and my sample size is small.)

In short, if airdisc is going by SDMB standards, the OP could well be considered intolerant. But if he is going by standards of another group where people appear less tolerant of homosexuals, I’d say it’s good that he’s making an effort to get to know and enjoy the company of community members who happen to be homosexual, and I’d encourage him, myself and everyone to avoid the jerks and look at people as people.