Should I buy a lion?

Oh, don’t have kittens about it.

That was paw

But they remain protected speech under the Constitution. Haven’t you read the Dew Process Claws?

I don’t care. I’m just reading between the lions anyway.

Ugh. Just dreadful.

Most members of the SDMB can be severe critics, so even long time dopers should not be surprised when we pan-ther awful cat puns.

Hey, I think these puns are purrfect. They’re the cat’s pajamas.

Hilarious! Gotta love the Onion.

The lion’s share of these jokes are quite funny, although a few are real dogs.

You’re confused, njtt, you have a right to bear arms, not gorillas. It’s not clear whether they have to be transplanted* or you can just have a box of bear arms lying around. Or what you do with the rest of the bear.

*Think how cool that would be! You’d never need a can opener again.

If the keeper is quick, he could respond “All the Felis leo specimens are gone! There’s not one in the cages!”:eek:
Felis leo has been a disused binomial for over fifty years. Generally speaking, big cats that roar and have round pupils are genus Panthera. Felis cats are smaller, have slit pupils and a complete hyoid bone which will not allow them to roar.
This is why your back fence doesn’t sound like the Serengeti.

You should get a lion or a tiger. But you need to get the one that will win in a fight with each other. If only there was a way we could know who would win…

The mane thing is they’re at least trying.

Yes, we should encougarage the development of thematic punning skills.

Makes sure neither one has spots. That one won’t fight fair, it’s probably a cheetah…

True indeed. And we should all remember that it is not whether you win or leos, but how you play the game.

So can you buy a tabby cat and have surgery done on that bone?:slight_smile:

Even if you could, you really shouldn’t. That would be buh-buh-bad to the bone.

Surgery on a tabby is one thing, but surgery on a wild predatory cat is much more difficult. Even if the animal is sedated, the veterinarian must be very caracal not to make a mistake.

Big cats are beautiful (I especially like tigers), but they are definitely not pets. Even if you could buy one, there is almost no home site where you could legally keep it anyway. Do you have a compound in the country? Maybe then. You do realize, don’t you, that there is no such thing as a tame lion.

how dare you, Charles the Monarch would never hurt anybody! he’s as friendly as your average dog.