Should I change the colour of my motorcycle?

I was notified that the ignition switch/fork lock is ‘on backorder’. Since I ordered it from the only place I could find online that didn’t say it was unavailable, and since they get the parts from Yamaha who only supports motorcycles for 10 years, I take ‘on backorder’ to mean ‘Lotsa luck.’

Without looking at my previous posts, here’s what happened with the lock I got off of eBay with no key. I took it into a locksmith a couple of weeks ago, and was told that 1) They could not match the lock to my original key; and 2) To make a new key would cost around $125. Friday I took the switch into a different locksmith, who had earlier told me they could not match the lock to my key and that it would cost $90 to make a key that fits. I picked it up yesterday. First, they were able to make the lock fit the key. Second, they made a duplicate of my original key. Third, the total including tax came to under $55.

I’m now ready to take the Seca II into the shop down in Bellingham to have the ignition switch and other missing parts installed, and to get a tune-up. I just checked the forecast, and it shows rain and showers for the next ten days. :frowning:

So I called the parts place to cancel the order for the new ignition lock. It turns out they can get a new one from Yamaha, only it would take a few more days. But I’ve already had the eBay lock re-keyed so I cancelled the order. I did add another front YAMAHA sticker in the hope that it will fit on the tail fairing.