Shouldn't Palin just resign at this point?

Also, why don’t we all just give our opinions on tonight’s debate right now; get them out of the way, shall we?

I’ll go first: McCain hit a homerun. He accomplished exactly what he had to do. He made Obama appear indecisive and woefully unprepared to become the next president of the US. McCain scored knockout points during several heated exchanges; the most damaging to the Obama campaign was clearly when McCain answered his question about foreign policy clearly and confidently, while Obama struggled and stammered his way through a long-winded response that utterly failed to address the original question. The contrast between the two could not have been greater during Friday night’s debate.

Obama supporters, your turn!

I think there is a debate thread already out there. My only comment about the debate though is to laugh at all those who thought McCain was doing this because he was running scared…as if he fears to meet Obama in a debate or something. It was a POLITICAL move on his part, and one that I still think was pretty clever…though it seems to have backfired on him.

-XT

Oh no, no, no. Please let us keep her! She’s the best thing that could’ve happened for our side!

I think most liberals (and non-liberal Obama backers, like me) do not want Palin to resign, because she really seems to be hurting his campaign. You don’t want your opponent to make the wise decisions, you want them to stick to their mistakes.

In a week we’re going to see Palin’s and McCain’s approval ratings plummet as she either reveals herself to be totally incompetent in the debate, or makes up a reason to avoid the debate which will be almost as bad. If she claimed a serious family crisis, nobody would blame her for leaving the ticket or blame McCain if it was something that McCain could not have reasonably expected to happen. She could then get someone like Romney in (who I like). Wouldn’t change my vote, but it would definitely effect a lot of moderates who are turned off by Palin.

Obama stood there for 90 minutes “debating” an empty lectern, his talking points periodically interrupted by applause. The best to be said for McCain is that it could have been even worse; he almost decided not to show up at all.

Thanks. I put my above response in the appropriate thread.

Isn’t it just as likely that Biden, whom the LA Times has dubbed a “gaffe-machine,” might say something spectacularly inappropriate and damaging during his debate with Palin? The Obama camp must hold their collective breath each time Biden smiles his Joe Isuzu smile as he goes before a live mic without any scripted comments.

Don’t kid yourself, he’s going to make mincemeat out of her.

Will he bake her in a pie afterward too?

-XT

I sincerely hope that Obama wins, because based upon statements like this if McCain and Palin win you are going to come screaming-meemie fucking unhinged. Given that the race is demonstrably a dead heat and that she is drawing better numbers than Biden (although that could change in the future), your overconfidence is simply bizarre. Were I you I wouldn’t be talking smack, I’d be holding my breath.

No. She’s not. I’m not sure if it’s because I live in the valley or not, but Palin is playing distressingly well for the conservatives here. Like I said in another thread, that single move may have put McCain in the White House.

Good thing you’re not me, then, huh?

I’d say it’s not up to you to determine how I’ll react at all, let alone accuse me of becoming a “screaming-meemie fucking unhinged.” I think the place for accusations like that is the Pit, not GD.

Oh, and the race is not demonstrably a dead heat. We don’t determine Presidential elections with national polls. I only give a rat’s ass about the State polls, and so far, Obama is leading significantly enough to give him a comfortable lead in the electoral map. That could certainly change – we’ve got 40 days. But I submit that Sarah Box-of-Hair Palin won’t be the reason why. An opinion I’m perfectly entitled to, whether you like it or not.

So why are his poll numbers tanking so hard and fast?

Conservatives are a minority, it doesn’t matter if they’re nuts over her if no one else is.

McCain would lose every state except Arizona and Utah and maybe a few other plains states.

Palin’s resignation would frankly be a real asshole move. He picked her, she accepted. The entire party endorsed her; she’d be breaking a literal promise to tens of thousands of people. She Bailing would destroy his campaign. The odds are against them now, but that’s better than total capitulation, which is what changing the ticket would amount to.

Did I call you a name? Did I mock you? No, I did neither of those things.

If you’re unwilling to accept the possibility that Obama might lose this election, well, good luck to you. I mean, this election is a sure thing, just like it was with Al Gore and John Kerry. Who could possibly vote Republican in this day and age? Yet there you have it, one poll after another, that McCain and Obama are essentially tied. In the state polls Obama is ahead, but 271 is by no means assured. It is far from a done deal.

Actually, you did mock me. We’re supposed to be debating issues here, not making personal allegations against each other. I’ll thank you to not mischaracterize me in the future.

Show me where I said or implied that. Go on. I’ll wait. . .

Didn’t think so. In point of fact, this is what I said:

Again, show me where I said any such thing.

One NATIONAL poll after another. Yes. I do believe I also said I’m not paying attention to NATIONAL polls because they are meaningless.

See, this is what happens when you try to dissect the Poster instead of the actual content of the posts; you get it all wrong.

If her baby had a serious medical issue (very possible) and she decided she needed to spend all her time at his side, I don’t think it would be an asshole move. I think a lot of people would applaud her.

Except for the 2006 Congressional race and Bill Clinton’s reelection, the Republicans have been on quite the win streak since 1994. How do you go from that to “they keep getting their asses kicked”?

Of course not. Because if he does, THAT DOESN’T COUNT. Everyone knows what he really meant, so STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

Regards,
Shodan

I couldn’t tell you. I just know how it’s playing out here on TV the radio and the papers. Palin has re-energized the republians here, especially the religous ones and women. By the way, I’m in California. Ignore it if you want.