Show me some pictures of your home town!

Hell, you all know what Chicago looks like.
This page (especially near the bottom) has some photos of the boring suburb I currently live in.
http://glen-ellyn.com/photo_gallery.html

From the town in which I currently resdie…having moved more times than grandpa on exlax; I’ll post these…

catsup bottle…

The website:

Welcome to the Official World’s Largest Catsup Bottle Web Site and Fan Club!

We also are the Horseradish Capital of the World:
so i guess maybe we ashould also apply for Cocktail sauce capital of the world… :wink:

tsfr

Here are some cool old B&W photos of Glens Falls and my surrounding area. Most of the buildings shown still exist and have been restored. The last picture is of Coopers Cave, it’s under the bridge I cross to go to work each day.

Pictures of Newark-On-Trent

Sylvania, Ohio’s Fossil Park

Wednesday’s sunset
Sutro Tower, universally loathed, except for me
Some red bridge, Baker Beach, and China Beach
Tony Bennett wasn’t lying
The view from Treasure Island
A sunset from January
The ballpark
(click the little “All Sizes” button at the top of each one to zoom)

My home town. An “historical” photo gallery, but many of the places look just the same today.

Here’s four
of
Waynesboro.

Arvada
another
Protests
marketing hype from here

Nothing really special about the town, it’s all about the location. Rocky Mountains are just to the west, without traffic it takes 15 minutes to get to the foothills.

My hometown is spiffy. That is, if you like strip malls, car dealerships, modern hotels, and other anonymous brick buildings. (Actually, that last one is a vasectomy clinic!) For those wanting faux-historic, there’s the new Metra station, which is just across the way from the federally mandated dive bar and the best steak house in the south suburbs.

Now I’m in Chicago. You all think you know what that looks like, but you’re probably thinking of The Loop, which is not where I live. Where I live looks more like this and this, with the occasional cool building like this thrown in.

Typical nondescript East Anglian church

View from the church

It’s not the most spectacularly-pretty village around here.

This ninetheeth-century piece of hardware is what my hometown, the City of Peterborough, is perhaps best known for.

Just a small overview. Oconto Falls

“This massive structure stands almost unchanged since its construction in 1904.” :wally
:stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a picture of my aunt standing outside her house.

And here is one of my uncle after the Super Bowl party.

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. Augh… I still see them when I close my eyes! I’ll never be able to fall asleep tonight. :frowning:

I don’t have any of the house itself or the “town” I live in, but here are two pictures of the horse pasture;

And a bonus one of me being an idiot on the trampoline;

The area I live in is really beautiful though. I need to take a few pictures of it sometime.

I lived in Oconomowoc whe I was a kid. We were practically neighbors. What a great place to be a little kid.

: all nostalgic :

HA! I can’t believe you found those pictures! And I subscribed to that thread so I’d see them when they were eventually found . It’s eeire that you posted them here, though, because I don’t think you’d have any way of knowing I was interested, as I hadn’t posted in the thread. Thanks!

BTW, those pictures are freakin’ weird, eh?

I’m sure you’ve all seen the standard Cleveland photos, but here are some collections that I’ve personally taken around town:

University Circle during “Parade the Circle”

Burke Lakefront Airport during the Cleveland National Airshow

Some assorted photos taken around the city

Early Springtime from a beach around the corner from my house in Euclid, OH

More Airshow photos at Burke Lakefront :slight_smile:

The same beach as before, but during late summer

Euclid, OH at night

Photos from “The Flats”

More lake photos

One of my favorite Cleveland locations - The West Side Market

One of my favorite neighborhoods - E. 185th St.

Cleveland lakefront during the Tall Ships festival

Set featuring the Cleveland Botanical Gardens
Aaaand… I doubt anyone is still looking, but if you are - a bonus:

These sets are from a personal project of mine where I took modern-day photos around the city from the same location as historical ones:

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Set 4

Set 5

Set 6

Set 7

Set 8

The building you see in the background with the two trees in front of it here

is actually this building here where I rented out the entire top flat for 5 years with a realestate office and beauty salon below.
The balcony (my balcony) ran the entire length of the building and overlooked the ocean.

It’s located in Ormond Beach, FLA on A1A.