Showdown: Drake's Cakes vs. Hostess

They’ll be in your local mercados and supermercados. The company that owns them is a subsidiary of Bimbo.

Incidentally, Bimbo has been on a buying spree in recent years - they now own such iconic baked goods brands as Thomas’ and Entenmann’s.

Ah, I like the ingredients I won’t be reading to be in English, not Spanish ;-).

You misspelled “pwns”. We’re not playing bridge or euchre here. This is serious RL stuff. Drake’s Coffee Cake totally fucking pwns. Like, headshot pwns, not just regular pwns.

I agree with those who said the Drake’s are very dry. Seriously, you can’t even swallow a Devil Dog without something to drink.

I’m not sure I would eat any of this stuff nowadays, but I definitely used to prefer Hostess. Their products were always the least dry.

FYI, I’ve lived on the East Coast since I was four, mostly near DC.

TastyKake once had a limited output of a, well, snack cake. It was coconut with a mango, or possibly guava filling. I guess it was aimed at the Latin market. These things were the food of the angels, but they disappeared off the shelves shortly after and were never seen again.:frowning: