Shup up wiith the "shut up" already

Not silly at all.
It’s easy to skip over a wall of text. It’s harder to skip over a short and pithy Shut Up Poster.
Right? Right? Do I need to continue? It’s hard to read a wall of text. It’s easy to read a short and pithy remark. Since it’s hard to read a wall of text, it’s easy to skip over. Because skipping over things that are hard is easy. In contrast skipping things that are easy to read is hard. Relatively speaking of course. By skipping I mean gliding my eyes over, as opposed to hopscotch or other eccentric gaits. By “Right” I mean “Correct” and not the opposite of left, either in the orientation sense or the political sense. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! I’m running out of things to say now, so I’ll just close with a quote from the Proceedings of the Board of Trustees of the Sanitary District of Chicago., 1894: don’t worry it’s public domain. Mr. Eckhart, Chairman, presented a report from the Joint Committee on Fi- nance and Engineering, with reference to the purchase from Fred Scharf, Will- iam G. Cody, Clarence D. and Hollis P. Brown, Theodore Prentiss and Daniel Jones, of certain right of way lands in Cook County, and authorizing and di- recting the Clerk to pay for the said right of way lands, on the vouchers of the Attorney, as provided in the report; and the report was read. Mr. Eckhart, seconded by Mr. Kelly, moved that the report be adopted, ordered printed and placed on file, the recommendations made therein con- curred in, and the Clerk authorized and directed to pay Fred Scharf, William G. Cody, Clarence D. and Hollis P. Brown, Theodore Prentiss and Daniel Jones, on the vouchers of the Attorney, for the said right of way lands, as provided in the report. On roll-call the vote stood: Yeas— Messrs. Cooley, Eckhart, Gilmore, Kelly, Prendergast, Russell and Wenter—seven (7). Nays—None. Upon which result the President de- clared the motion carried, the report ordered printed and placed on file, and recommendations made therein con- curred in, and the Clerk authorized and directed to pay Fred Scharf, William G. Cody, Clarence D. and Hollis P. Brown, Theodore Prentiss and Daniel Jones, on the vouchers of the Attorney, for the said right of way lands, as provided in the report. The following is THE REPORT: "Chicago, Feb. 21, 1894. To the Honorable the Board of Trustees of the Sanitary District of (Jhicaqo: Gentlemen—The Joint Committee on Finance and Engineering has reached an agreement with Fred Scharf for the purchase from him for the corporate purposes of this District of the land here- inafter described, for the sum of five hundred ($500.00) dollars: With Wilham G. Cody for the pur- chase from him for the corporate pur- poses of this District of the land herein- after described, for the sum of five hun- dred ($500.00) dollars; With Clarence D. Brown for the pur- chase from him fcr the corporate pur- poses of this District of the land herein- after described, for the sum of one thou- sand ($1,000.00) dollars; With Hollis P. Brown for the purchase from him for the corporate purposes of this District of the land hereinafter de- scribed, for the sum of five hundred ($500.00) dollars; With Theodore Prentiss for the pur- chase from him for the corporate pur- poses of this District of the land herein- after described, for the sum of eighteen thousand five hundred ($18,500.00) dol- lars. With Daniel Jones for the purchase from him for the corporate purposes of this District of the land hereinafter de- scribed, for the sum of one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars. Your Committee recommends that the Clerk of this District be directed to pay on the vouchers of the Attorney to said Fred Scharf, the sum of five hundred ($500.00) dollars, in full payment for the following described land, to-wit: Lot thirty-three (33) in Sabath’s Re- subdivision of Block four (4) of Manches- ter, said Manchester being a subdivision of that part lying north (N.) of the Illi- nois and Michigan Canal, of the east half (E. i) of the northeast (N. E. i) of Sec- tion thirty-six (36), Township thirty- nine (39) North, Range thirteen (13), east of the Third Principal Meridian. To said William G. Cody, represented in Chicago by L. H. Peirce, agent, the sum of five hundred ($500.00) dollars, in full payment for the following described land, to-wit: Lot sixteen (16) in Block two (2) of Manchester, said Manchester being a sub- division of that part lying north (N.) of the Illinois and Michigan Canal, of the east half (E. 4) of the northeast quarter (N. E. i) of Section thirty-six (36), Town- ship thirty-nine (39) North, Range thir- teen (13), east of the Third Principal Meridian. To said Clarence D. Brown, repre- sented in Chicago by L. H. Peirce, agent, the sum of one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars, in full payment for the following described land, to-wit: Lots fourteen (14) and fifteen (15), in Block two (2) in Manchester, said Man- chester being a subdivision of that part lying north (N.) of the Illinois and Michigan Canal, of the east half (E. i) of the northeast quarter (N. E. ±) of Section thirty-six (36), Township thirty-nine (39).

TL. DR. x

This would fix everything.

Also -

Concision of expression is usually a good thing.

Regards,
Shodan

Imagine that you are a liberal. Picture yourself in a social setting with several of your liberal friends. The subject of “wypipo” comes up in conversation. One friend delivers the speech that DSeid quoted:

One of you is going to tell that person to shut the fuck up. You might be chuckling, but that would definitely earn a STFU. That unbearably pompous, scolding and cringey closing line…we must stand for our principles, or we stand for nothing…deserves an entire chorus of shut the fuck up.

Sure, maybe everyone should lighten up on T. But it wouldn’t hurt if he considered that his detractors have a point about his posting style.

DSeid, shut up shuttin’ people up who are shuttin’ people up.

Having said that, I’ll shut up. :smiley:

Ring Sr or Ring Jr?

I’m nominating young William Shatner to play Big T in the big screen SDMB The Movie. And Andy Dick costarring as Shagnasty.

If the shoe shits fear it … or however that goes.

Checks forum, yup, the Pit. Indeed one can have non-flame conversations here but I seriously do not think that a considered ever polite back and forth with those who think that repetitive posting of “Shut up BigTard” (or with your in this thread stated preferred “Shut the fuck up”) is useful.

The gang of you are being shits. This is the right place to call you what you are. Not the approach I typically use (I am a rank amateur at this approach) but the right one in this case.

And seriously dude if my Pitting is too rough and crude for you, then your delicate, fragile, and sensitive soul may be best off avoiding the forum in general.
Blank Slate, actually I cannot imagine someone who is not a very very good friend telling someone to “Shut up retard.” or “shut the fuck up” in a social setting, let alone many of them starting to say it anytime that person says almost anything as a thing to do. At least not past fourth grade. You must travel in very different circles than I do. Are these people BigT’s very good friends?

And FWIW I’ve been in social circumstances with people who get very preachy and pompous. No one has ever told those people to “shut up”, “shut the fuck up”, or called them “retard.” Generally people just ignore them and continue the conversation … maybe move to a different set of chairs after excusing themselves to get a new drink.

Actually, I hang out exclusively with fourth-grade liberals. You make it sound so dirty.

You seem to have no problem slinging insults, so what makes you any different than the posters slagging BigT?

Shut up.

Regards,
Shodan

Enter the Ring

Or shut up

Your Humble Servant and All Around Masochist

MSC

Whether or not it is dirty depends on what you are doing, Aqualung my friend.

And thank you for the reassurance about my insults. Like I said I am an amateur at the insult game. Very little experience slinging them.

But the other part? How very Trumpian! Well done … if such is your role model.

What is the difference between a gang of people systematically harassing an individual because they have identified them as somehow “odd” and “annoying”, “preachy” and “pompous” even, across threads, and someone opening up a Pit thread to call those shits out for their shittiness? None whatsoever. Your whataboutistic response fatally wounds me!

I, too, am deeply hurt. As my damp fingers type through the falling tears, I find myself wondering whether or not this is a bit overblown. After all, BigT can only be called BigTard in this forum. I’m not seeing this “gang of people” harassing the poor fellow. How many times has someone said “Shut up, BigTard” in the past year? Twice? Three times? To a guy who has around 35,000 posts? And yet through all of this, neither you nor BigT have entertained the notion that maybe, just maybe, the content of his posts (and the phrasing) factor into the equation.

It’s the pit. Right-wing posters like HurricaneDitka and Octopus get far more abuse for their beliefs than BigT. Perhaps some people are just too delicate for this forum.

Pot, Kettle.

Shut the fuck up, DShit!

Excuse me, I need to get a drink.

DSeid, what on earth has happened to you? Did your account get hacked?? You used to be someone I respected highly for your thoughtful, educated posts. In the last two months or so, you’ve become just another random jerk I’m considering putting on ignore to facilitate scrolling. ???

I won’t chide anyone for doing what they want to do, but I don’t join into the attacks on BigT because many of them feel mean-spirited, and I think many of them greatly hurt his feelings, and IMO his faults don’t warrant that level of response (most of the time, anyway). Just my opinion.

Your lack of imagination doesn’t actually mean shit. Go try posting on 4chan and see how wrong you are. As most children figure out while their age is in single digits, different social settings have different rules. So I am going to take your suggestion that I shut up, wipe my ass with it, and give it right back to you.

As for BigT, I have nothing but contempt for that useless fuckwit. He’s a basement dwelling nobody who somehow thinks that his sanctimonious shit doesn’t stink. The only reason I don’t consistently call him a 'tard is because it’s played out and stale. When the shoe fits though, I’ll wear it.

I would understand this vitriol at a trolling sociopath like Morgenstern. But BigT? We all can’t be Noam Chomskys or William F Buckleys. But can anyone claim that he isn’t completely sincere in what he writes? Jesus Effing Christ. These boards are filled with damaged people who take advantage of the anonymity of these boards to interact with the wider world.

Again, scope seems to be lost on the people who dwell here. There is a difference, wouldn’t you think, in an occasional indulgence in a bit of verbal sparring and a pack of hyenas who follow and harass other posters constantly and in multiple locales.

The first is somewhat understandable. The second is a sign of some sort of untreated mental disorder.