Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Shit. Come back soon SingleDad.

SD, we need you! Please, comeback and just stay in GD if you must. You are easily the equal of anyone who posts there, even if some of your ideas are a bit wack. Please, just ignore the BS!
:: Goes to wall and starts banging head ::

<WHACK!>
<WHACK!>

<WHACK!>

The sad part is the pissers and whiners, don’t care, or see this as some sort of perverse justification.

<WHACK!>

Cecil said it. I believe it. That settles it.

I hope you’ll just take a breather and keep checking back. You’re a great poster and I’ve enjoyed your stuff. You talk sense, say it well and are incidentally funnier than hell.

The bullshit and nonsense have gotten pretty bad lately. Sure can’t dispute your reasons for leaving, but I can mourn the outcome. It’s tempting to pull the hearty Scout thing about “standing your ground”, etc. But fair is fair; no matter the viewpoint, this is just a message board. It’s stupid to infer obligations that aren’t there.

I’m just sorry that we’re losing your voice, and wish you well. If we’re lucky, you’ll lurk and maybe sometime choose to come back.

All the best.
Veb

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings – nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much . . . "
I mean no insult to my friends who feel deeply and react according to the dictates of conscience, but I must ask just the same – At what point did we abandon common sense and begin defining ourselves in terms of the stupidity that surrounds us?

Any number of folks I thought had an ounce of sense are lining up to inform the assembly that they must now go and wander the desert for forty years to cleanse their souls of the horrible impurity of their experience here.

How touching and noble the grand gestures of defeat, and how surely this brand of nonsense makes me want to spit. Certainly the best of ye can’t be so shallow as to cut and run in the face of the barest conflicts, and conflicts which exist in the most abstract and faceless of forums no less, and affect no one in any real sense.

I pray that in yer real lives ye’ve got a bit more fortitude, else I fear for those who must count on you to come through for them every day in the face of real adversity.

Shit.

I opened with Kipling, dammit, and shall close with same –

“Nice while it lasted, an’ now it is over –
Tear out your ‘eart an’ good-bye to your lover!
What’s the use o’ grievin’, when the mother that bore you
(Mary, pity women!) knew it all before you?”
Dr. Watson
“Sick at heart, but undaunted.”

Waht the other guys said so eloquently - come back, please ?

Norman