*Sigh* It figures.

It’s snowing.

I thought it would be all right this year. After all, I live in Dallas now, so I don’t have to drive over Butler Hill on Hwy. 22. And since I have a carpool companion now, no matter how psychopathic, at least I don’t have to actually drive in the stuff. I can relax in the passenger seat and go limp in case of a wreck.

So what happens? My father-in-law in Sacramento may be dying. We just found out today that he’s in the hospital nearly comatose. It appears he may have had another stroke and this may be the big one. My husband and his father have never been close, but if he wants to say good-bye before it’s too late, we’ll have to get down there soon.

And it’s snowing. And if it’s snowing here in the Willamette Valley, then I hate to think what it’ll be like going over the Siskyous on I-5.

I don’t know who’s going to babysit the dog, either.

Sigh

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Sorry about your father-in-law, Kat. Just drive slow and easy and you’ll do fine. Hope everything works out and he is not in as bad a shape as you fear.

The snow is your friend. See the snow. Be the snow. :slight_smile:

Jodi

Fiat Justitia

Oh, so sorry to hear about these troubles.

Now why did I think you lived in Oregon? Wait, wait, but you said the Willamette Valley – is there a Dallas in Oregon?

At any rate, Deity bless you and yours at this difficult time (or accept my good thoughts your way if you are not in to Deity – it’s hard to keep track who is and who isn’t on this board!)

{{{{{{{{{{{Kat}}}}}}}}}}}

-Melin

Thanks :slight_smile: Yeah, there’s a Dallas in Oregon; a little town just outside Salem.

Actually, last time I peeked out the window, it had stopped snowing. So maybe I panicked prematurely. Hopefully we’re panicking prematurely about FIL’s health, too. We’ll find out more tonight when his Aunt calls back with more information.

Pray to God but keep rowing for shore :wink:

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

It’s snowing again.

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Got to love Oregon. We get one day of snow per year usually. And then, just enough to make the roads a little icy and scare people into buying all kinds of snow accessories. I figure it’s nature’s way of killing off a number of the Californians that move up here every summer.

http://www.madpoet.com
Computers have let mankind make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.

So sorry to hear your bad news, Gr8kat. Be careful if you have to get out in the snow! I’ll be praying for you & your family.