*sigh* So...how cool is Netflix?

I have 454 discs in my queue. Quite a few of those are multi-disc TV seasons/series, and it would be higher, except that I don’t add the next season of a show to the bottom until I finish the previous season.

I’ve got a bunch of movies that I’d never even heard of before on my list, just because I ran across it browsing the site and decided “Hmm, that might be interesting” and popping it onto the queue. I was never interested in renting movies from Blockbuster or wherever, but I keep finding more stuff to add to my Netflix queue.

I loved Netflix until it got to the point that every other dvd I received was damaged or lost in the mail.

I wasn’t real thrilled with them for charging me for a month three months after I cancelled my account either.

I’d suggest you just try Netflix. Check out the different “plans.” You can always cancel if it doesn’t work out for you.

They have a great selection & I haven’t had any service problems. If you get a broken or unplayable disk, report it at their site. They’ll put a new one in the mail before they get the old one.

That right there is what I came in to mention. A good friend of mine works in the law enforcement dept of the post office, she told me that 2 of them most stolen items in the mail are netflix and gamefly envelopes. (gamefly is like netflix but for video games). It used to be social security checks until those went on direct deposit. I don’t know netflix policy on this, just providing some information for whatever it’s worth.

I love Netflix, but I watch a lot of movies. I don’t think it would be worth it to someone who only watches 5 or 6 flicks per year. There’s probably an indie rental store in Portland which could use your support.

I’ve only once received an unplayable disc from them, which they promptly replaced. I have noticed the slow downs when I order a lot of movies. It’s annoying but I’m still pleased with the service overall.

You might also consider getting DVDs from your library. We have a great local library system, and if they don’t have it on the shelf, they can often get it through interlibrary loan. It might take a little longer, but it’s free. You can also renew online.