Silver lining wins by acclamation! (So who is the SECOND most stupid Doper?)

Conservatism and supporting Trump are mutually exclusive.

And, well, I don’t agree at all that he sounds like an old person citing talking points. We have people like that here.

Sorry. I thought you were saying you found it funny to fuck with those guys, because they don’t actually matter. I didn’t think you were actually saying the truth didn’t matter, just that it didn’t matter to them.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, responding, even if just to fuck with them, helps them out.

Why is every post in this thread OT, including the OP?

The second stupidest poster here is Jim Peebles.

Less than that. The country breaks down to roughly 1/3 dumber than shit, 1/3 think they’re smarter than shit, and 1/3 that wish the other 2/3 would just shut the fuck up already.

I don’t think Jim is even in the top 100. In fact, Silver Lining may be a bawbag, but I don’t think he’s the stupidest either. Shouldn’t that honor go to Aceplace57 or Urban Redneck?

1. Silver Lining

2. Aceplace57
    2.5) Urbanredneck

Your assumption of yes is solidly wrong in my case. The allegations initially weren’t much more than a small amount of circumstantial evidence wrapped in conspiracy theory. They’ve aged about as well as roadkill during a hot summer. Bill is second on my list of favorite Presidents behind the elder Bush. Bill’s Third Way triangulation was the last major effort either party made to get my vote. I voted for Hillary in 2016 and helped talk two Sanders primary supporters into finding their way to voting for her. Why would I be delighted about nonsensical murder allegations?

I don’t pretend that. I’m agnostic and a moral relativist. I tend to find the moral arguments from both sides simplistic and emotionally manipulative. Worse, IMO they are tools that foster hyper-partisanship and reduce the opportunities for effective compromises. I don’t pretend to call out all bad behavior around me, either. Some confrontations are high effort for little or no chance of motivating meaningful change. I only have so much time and effort. Additionally, I tend to find calling someone out or shaming them a horrible way to inspire behavior change. IME that works better to close off dialogue and make the other person dig into their positions more strongly.

Good call. You’d pass out if you were waiting on me. For a couple reasons:

• I have nothing to prove. Your stereotype isn’t me.
  • What calling out implies to me is outside my usual confrontational style.
  • I’m not a puppy. You threw the ball and want it back… fetch it yourself.
  • I tend to engage the silliness on my side of the aisle here less than that on the other for a reason. I know the venue. My side’s silliness usually has members lining up to pile on. The left’s silliness doesn’t.
  • “Never wrestle with a pig. You both get muddy and the pig likes it.” Silver-lining is pretty clearly the metaphorical pig. This is generally a horrible place to even attempt any less muddy engagements with the right’s pigs. The mud wrestling usually starts early and drowns most of the rest out.

Funny, I would not have thought of UrbanRedneck as being particularly stupid. I don’t usually agree with his POV, but I don’t recall him being nothing more than somebody who regurgitates right-wing (or worse alt-right) propaganda and ignores all facts to the contrary. Granted, I’ve not really paid close attention either. I think Magiver gives Silver Lining a pretty good run for his money. CelticKnot too. See, I don’t mind have a disagreement with somebody, but it is people with whom there’s no possibility of an exchange that bothers me.

I have friends who are more conservative than me (not many, in my social group I tend to be on the conservative side) and many friends more liberal than me. And we manage to mainly have good conversations even though we rarely agree. The only thing we’ve all agreed on recently is that Donald Trump is a ass of a person and a buffoon as a president. But that’s pretty low hanging fruit to pick.

Bolding added by me.

Sunny Daze, did you see the below comment from our friend?

As Lance Turbo mentions - dumb as shit.

This fool can’t even do basic math. He’s a total dumbass. Look up the phrase “blithering idiot” and see his picture.

It’s that bad for real.

OK - I had missed that stunning display. :smack:

An extreme right conservative whose cites are, at best, of questionable veracity and, when that lack of veracity is pointed out, starts a new thread, which may or may not be on a different subject.

Has anyone checked to see if the silver lined one is the reincarnation of december?

Aw, I miss december. He was fun.

Warning #2: failure to follow moderator’s instructions regarding citing source material.

Was that the thread where he originally said a 2/3 majority was 75 Senators?

Post 104.

Yes. And when somebody pointed this error out to him, Silver lining responded with a post in which he supposedly explained how the impeachment system worked. Somebody else was able to identify the post and saw that it had been copied word for word from another website.

If Silver Lining gets banned for plagiarism instead of trolling we should start calling him Al Capote.

It was correct, both grammatically and factually, and contained no misspellings or other typographical errors. There was absolutely no fucking chance that he wrote it.

Yes, when I read it I was immediately suspicious. As you point out, it lacked the misspellings and grammatical errors that Silver Lining’s posts typically have. And it was a fairly objective recounting of a political issue.

My assumption was that he had lifted it from a Wikipedia page until I saw the post that correctly identified his source.

Does it really matter? Like, if a joke is really good, do we need to burden the reader with its original source?