Simpsons fans--what is this a reference to?

Homer: I can’t live the button-down life like you. I want it all! The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles! Sure, I might offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musty odors – oh, I’ll never be the darling of the so-called “City Fathers” who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about “What’s to be done with this Homer Simpson?”
From the episode with Winona Ryder as Alison Taylor, where Homer tries to make money selling sugar, he says this. Is it a specific or general reference to something? If so, what?

I’m pretty sure it’s just a mockery of the type of “in-your-face-rebel” that has become a stock character. Except that Homer, of course, is obsessed with food (“creamy middles”) and and completely overplaying the character.

I too think its just a general reference, Homer being over the top again. Was that really Winona Ryder- I never knew she guest starred on Los Simpsons. It seems like Lisa’s friends have all been played by celebs- Allison, Erin (Christina Ricci- I think), and the popular one (Lisa Kudrow).

It’s not listed in the Movie (and other) references section of the Simpsons Archive’s entry for that episode. If it ain’t there, it ain’t so.