Since Nov: (R) favorability stable. (D) drops

Speaking of polls, did you know that it took a whole 15 days for Trump’s disapproval to top his approval ? (the Presidential curves below are fascinating in their own right. I had no idea 9/11 had done so fricking much for Dubya)

You do understand that 39 is a lower number than 40, don’t you?

These numbers indicate the Republican Party’s favorability is stable only in the sense that it bottomed out several months ago.

Statistically, in the context of the poll, not really. And it doesn’t detract from he premise - namely: “Democratic Party favorability dropping while Republican Party’s is stable”.

Oh, I didn’t realize that was what we were talking about.

Statistically, in the context of the poll, not really.

You must have missed my previous post where I completely dismantled the premise.

Here we go again…

Democratic Party Favorability
Republican Party Favorability

Democratic Party favorability has dropped since Trump’s inauguration, but Republican Party favorability has dropped by more.

On top of that Democratic Party favorability is higher than Republican Party favorability and the difference is statistically significant.

You don’t have to like these facts, but they are facts.

Stability is nothing to brag about when you’re losing. When you’re losing, you don’t want stability. You want things to change.

The premise is false. Polling aggregates show that Republican favorability has dropped by more. Polling aggregates are more trustworthy than any single poll.

There’s nothing surprising about that poll. Trump brought in new voters, and those voters now view Republicans favorably, while old Republicans aren’t abandoning the party.

The improvement in the GOP “brand” won’t stop Republicans from getting creamed in 2018.