Since we're talking about guys' bodies, how do you feel about chest hair?

If an Indian guy tried to shave his chest, how would he know when to stop? :smiley:

While I prefer a man to have more body hair than I do (then wound up marrying someone who doesn’t, but but nevermind…) it’s not mandatory. That said, if a man has chest hair I’d rather he leave it intact. Because hairy chests look even more masculine than a bare male chest to me, and I like manly men.

I think shaving body hair anywhere tends to lead to the dark-side … the most common type of human that naturally has no body hair at all except on the head is a child. Do the math! :wink:

Shavers lead to trimmers, trimmers lead to scissors, and scissors lead to…suffering!

I’m late to the party, but this one sums me up, too, except that I probably draw the line several points over from you ladies i.e. what’s “too hairy! ick!” for me may still be sexy and attractive to you. But it definitely has to be naturally that way, I concur.

But that 70s thing of gold chain necklaces nestled in thick, dark chest hair … ewwwwww.

I don’t like hairy chests - maybe a little bit of hair, but my preference would be none. That said, shaving it is weird. I would rank the options as: Best - naturally no hair, second - very little hair, third - ton of hair, last - shaved hair.

I think I would freak the fuck out if I went to nuzzle up to a bare chest and it felt stubbly. That’s just wrong!

I’ve been with everything from “wookie” to “barely enough to grab on” and it’s all good.

I have quite a hairy chest. Fortunately, my wife likes it.

A few times in my life I’ve needed to shave my chest to attach medical instrumentation. It’s very weird.

Hairless chests are fine - as long as they’re naturally so. A fair number of guys are like that.

I don’t understand the whole manscaping thing: shave your chest, shave your balls, but not your under arms which would actually have a point given that bacteria on under arm hair causes you to smell like BO when you sweat.

I prefer less naturally-growing hair to more, and if you have a thick hair anywhere I think trimming it shorter all over makes it look better. But close-shaved would be a bit creepy in person I think.

My partner doesn’t have much fuzz naturally, so I don’t have to think about this much.

I don’t like body hair except for pubic hair on men or women. I don’t bother to actually shave (and being a heterosexual male the condition of other men’s chests is a fairly distant concern), but if someone asked me to design a custom body from scratch it would be hairless there.

I voted “don’t like shaved”, but I don’t like men with a lot of chest hair either. At least, I’ve been lucky all the ones I’ve been attracted to have had sparse chest hair.

Naturally smooth is fine, but please don’t shave or wax or anything on my account. I like some chest hair, am fine with more up to Wookiee-level.

I think chest hair is masculine and sexy. I love running my fingers through it. Keep the chest hair, guys!

Interesting - so most people either like natural men’s chests or don’t care, yet all the chests you see on tv, movies, and magazines are naked as a baby’s bottom. Strange.

I’m seeing one important thing left out here: it depends on the guy’s body. I prefer my men “built” (buff, muscular, whatever) and such men fall into two categories: the lean muscular guys (usually younger) and the big barrel chested buff guys (usually older, were at one time lean muscular guys).

I think the former can look wonderful shaved. A nice set of pecs and abs? Mmm. Especially if I can see it. With a guy like this, I’m never really surprised to see his chest or stomach shaved.

The big muscular probably older guy? For some reason, that looks better with a little hair. Maybe it just lends itself to that gristly man look, while the other guy is more of a pretty boy. Idk idk.

I’m babbling.

To me, thin men look better smooth, heavier men look better hairy. But I wish people would get rid of the notion that less hair is better . . . not just regarding body hair, but also facial hair and eyebrows. Some people take grooming too far.

I’m not a HUGE fan of chest hair, but it doesn’t become a turn-off unless it’s super-thick and matted. My current bf has a small spot of it on his breastbone, and I think it’s perfect.

As for shaving…eh, whatever floats your boat. But if I find your hair in my razor, you’re buying me a new one.

Depends somewhat on the guy, really. I’ve got gf’s who believe that a man must be almost as hairy as a bear, others who won’t take anything less than fully shaved, I’m an in-between.

If he shaves hs chest for sports fine by me, but please don’t shave for me. I don’t want anybody to deal with stubble and ingrown hairs “for” me!

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I shave my chest hair, or ask a boyfriend to shave his. As long as I don’t actually have to send in an expedition with machetes to find my way through it.

Yes, well, most men like women with curves but it seems all the women you see on tv, movies, and magazines are sticks. Strange.

Hollywood/TV got it into their heads that Chest Hair Must Go - without asking the rest of us.