Sinead O'Connor Wants to Crush Your Children's Heads!!

An example of exquisitely unfortunate wording:

DUBLIN, Ireland (AP) – One-time pop sensation Sinead O’Connor was back in the news Friday - by taking out a full-page ad pleading for people to stop making fun of her. “I don’t think there can be any person male or female from this country who has been as consistently lashed as I have been and always am no matter what I set out to do,” she complained during her 2,000-word essay published in the Irish Examiner newspaper . . . She resurfaced on Ireland’s airwaves Wednesday, when she told the national RTE radio network about her campaign to stamp out head lice in children.

Totally off topic, but could you please email me, Eve. I have a quite serious question from someone I love about which I think you can give me needed advice.

Doesn’t taking out a full page ad begging people to stop making fun of you give the audience more ammunition with which to make even more fun of you?

Damn, she’s dense sometimes.

I was going to make a joke about her having a shorn head and the lice thing, but I couldn’t come up with one. So let’s pretend I did and all laugh anyway.

Well, at least we know now why she wears combat boots all the time.

uh, sometimes?? :dubious: :rolleyes:

That’s Reverend Sinead, isn’t it?

I’m having the same problem. It positively screams for a joke, but I’m having trouble putting one together. So let’s pretend I made another funny joke off of your funny joke and it was all terribly funny.

[stomp! stomp!] “Stop whimperin’, ye darty little bahsahrt!”

“RTE radio network”

Real Time Entomology?

Heh. That adds new meaning to the heavy tap shoes of Riverdance…

While some conventional scientists have discounted the “O’Connor Method”, it has been endorsed by several Brazilian scientists.

One, a Dr. Jose Mengelez, had this to say : ‘Ja, It’s very effective!’

Stomp out headlice in children? I though lice lived on children. I guess as long as you’re stompling it doesn’t hurt to be thorough.

Well, if she wants to crush my children’s heads, I have no recourse but to teach them to defend themselves by pinching her face.

I wsa going to start a thread about this, but dammit, they actually wanted me to do my job and I had to wait until now…

I can’t imagine what she was thinking, as Casey1505 said, this can only make things worse.

Head lice,

Hummm, I wonder if that’s why she went with the shaved head look.

LOL, Eve!

:rolleyes: Sinead, Sinead, Sinead. You’ve produced a few decent records, but you don’t half talk a load of bollocks. Next time you feel the need to publish a screed of self-justifying whining, and you do seem to make a habit of it, please (in the words of your brother Joseph) just stop. Think how often you’ve got up on your high horse in the past and then gone on to contradict yourself. Maybe then you’ll see why people find it hard to take you seriously and why they’re probably now laughing at your advert.

Aw. let’s stop picking nits re poor Sinead…

Here is a fuller version of the story excerpted in the OP. Isn’t it appropriate that someone named Futile Gesture has contributed to this thread?

Nobody’s home!

Great stuff that.