Singing Duos of TV Variety Shows

Another current thread is asking What song is on you best list that nobody else has even heard of? In response to one of the posts which mentioned Flanders and Swan I mentioned that there was another singing group (two guys in their 40’s or so) from the 60’s variety shows whose names were escaping me. I’m appealing to you for help in getting this potential earworm out of my head.

They did recordings in the “pop” vein of that era and had a particular sound that bordered on grating. Their repertoire was middle-of-the-road to Broadway to Top 40 Chart stuff. A buddy of mine wanted to get tickets to one of their shows so he could assassinate them – he didn’t care for their sound.

I have tried some searches at Yahoo! and Wikipedia with no luck. Maybe I haven’t found the right keywords to search by.

Anyway, I can assure you they are not in this list:

The Righteous Brothers
Chad and Jeremy
Mickey and Sylvia (yeah, I know Sylvia was/is a gal)
The Smothers Brothers
Seals and Croft
Sam and Dave
Jan and Dean

Variety shows were fairly common in the 60’s and 70’s and I’m 90% sure these guys would have appeared on at least one of these shows:

Ed Sullivan
Tonight Show (Johnny Carson)
Dean Martin
Kraft Music something (Perry Como)

(if you want to add to this list of shows, please do)

I’m even having trouble trying to come up with a song these two guys helped make popular. It could have been one of:

What Now My Love?
Somewhere My Love (Lara’s Theme from Doctor Zhivago)
What Kind Of Fool Am I?

Anyway, I figured we could bat some memories around much like we have been with the “Unforgettable TV Show Theme Music” things.

Stretch this thread to include musical memories from the 60’s and 70’s as you see fit. Just please help me get these guys identified so I can think of something else!

You might even want to add to the list of comedy duos which would include:

Burns and Allen
Stiller and Meara
Nichols and May
Rowan and Martin
Martin and Lewis
Allen and Rossi
Burns and Shreiber

Just try to hold the period to the 60’s and 70’s as much as possible.

Sandler and Young are the ones I couldn’t remember. But don’t let that stop you from filling in other gaps.

BTW it was Kraft Music Hall that was Perry Como’s show.

Waylon and Madam. :smiley:

The Everly Brothers