Sir Terry Wogan has died aged 77

Sir Michael Terence “Terry” Wogan, KBE DL, RIP, sir.

Cancer, you’re a bitch.

The Reaper has been particularly Grim in the first month of 2016, and that’s a fact. I remember Terry Wogan from, oh, probably forty-five years ago at least - he’s been a fixture for at least that long and a national treasure for a couple of decades, easy.

Awww, that’s a shame, he seemed like a lovely man.

By coincidence, I was watching The Commitments this morning–which Terry Wogan is not actually in, but he is the “Terry” that Jimmy Rabbitt is always having imaginary interviews with.

The Hulk died?

Here is on Would I Lie To You.

Did he really set fire to the other news-readers’ scripts?

That’s Terry Bollea. (An individual unlikely to receive a knighthood, to say the least.)

My family lived in England from 1983-1985 (I was a young teen) and Wogan was simply an accepted part of entertainment culture. Not everyone loved him – I still remember a joke I heard that his fan club should be called the Terry Wogan Is Tops Society (TWITS) – but the man was an institution.

That’s… not a joke. That’s what they were called.

Or, rather, it was a joke, I suppose, but it was one shared between Terry and his listeners.

THAT IS EVEN FUNNIER. :slight_smile: Thank you – all of these years I thought it was just a joke suggestion!