Six nails to the head

I collect this sort of thing so friends email me pictures.

Six nails to the head

Larger image

…and it’s got Excedrin written ALL over it.

I’d be curious to know how you “accidentally” discharge 6 nails with such a good goruping. My money is on the guy with the gun panicking and trying to finish the other guy off. :smack: :eek: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

Aaaaack!!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

ALL right, who stole my caps? All that screaming doesn’t come off anywhere close to my original intent without the caps. :confused:

“Whoops! Whoops! Whoops! Whoops! Whoops! Whoops!”

Sounds like he got nailed.

Obviously the guy had his nail gun illegally modified for “fully automatic”.

Those damn liberals cry about it, but it makes tree fort construction so much easier.

[homer simpson]Bang…d’oh! Bang…d’oh! Bang…d’oh! Bang…d’oh! Bang…d’oh! Bang…d’oh![/homer simpson]

That’s one way to keep that toupee’ from slipping.

A lot easier than you might think. The gun was obviously set up with a contact trip (as opposed to a sequential trip). With a contact trip, the usual practice is to simply hold the trigger pulled, and then bump the nose against whatever you’re nailing. Every time the nose of the gun is depressed while the trigger is pulled, it shoots a nail. If something is pushing against the nose of your gun, and you’re gripping the thing in such a way that the trigger is pulled, it will sorta bounce - the nail discharge pushes the thing (in this case the guy’s head) away from the gun, which allows the nose safety to extend, resetting itself. But since the thing (or head) is pushing against the gun, it re-depresses the nose safety, firing again. And, if you don’t let go of the gun, again, and again, and again. With nailers I’ve used, I’d guess six nails would be fired in less than 2 seconds. Maybe less than one, but I’m not sure - I’ve never shot more than 1 accidental nail that way, in addition to the one I intended to sink. But that second nail is fired the merest instant after the first.

With a sequential trip, you have to first depress the nose, then pull the trigger, and you can’t get more than one nail per trigger pull. This is safer, but in many applications is substantially slower.

HOLY !!!

Excuse me, give me just one second to pick my jaw up off the floor. Seriously, I stared open mouthed and stupid eyed at that larger image picture for about a whole minute before I could collect myself. Wow. The many different angles that the nails went in from is the craziest thing of all - they’re just all over the place.

Apropos of nothing, I used to live in Lancaster.

industrial incident?
Or industrial espionage?
Huh, Huh?
Think about it. :wink: