SkeeterVac

Am I allowed to ask a question about a specific brand/item?

If so, does anyone here have any experience with a SkeeterVac or similar device?

The mosquitoes are bad here this year and I am considering buying one. Going online I can read many favourable reviews, but I would trust a Doper recommendation more than any other.

Yep, you’re allowed to ask. But I think your thread will do better in IMHO than it will in Cafe Society, so I’ll move it there for you.

We were looking at a Mosquito Magnet. A customer of mind had an overabundance of mosquitos in their heavily wooded back yard. They were thrilled with the results of the Mosquito Magnet. They’re just so damned expensive that I wasn’t going to get one without a little more “evidence” than that.

[QUOTE=Ruby]
We were looking at a Mosquito Magnet. A customer of mind had an overabundance of mosquitos in their heavily wooded back yard. They were thrilled with the results of the Mosquito Magnet. They’re just so damned expensive that I wasn’t going to get one without a little more “evidence” than that.
[/QUOTE]
You might want to read this.

Wowza. Good find, Czarcasm. Thanks!

Other than the poor record of Mosquito Magnet, is the science behind the technology sound?