Sky News Reports Central London "Incidents"

What’s the weather like there? We’ve been having unbelievably high humidity here that turns your newspapers damp and hair flat if you’re outside for more than a few minutes, and you don’t want to know what the subway platforms are like. Could it have affected any wicks/detonators/explosives? Any explosives experts out there?

I have to leave, actually–going to an event in Bryant Park, and yes, I have to take the subway. Stay safe, Londoners, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Just posting a link to this excellent minute-by-minute report on the BBC web site http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703973.stm

Oddly enough, a security alert at Shepherd’s Bush completely banjaxed the Central Line earlier today, from about 10.00 hrs. Apparently some absolute twat had accidentally left a suitcase somewhere - I reckon anyone being so bloody stupid in the current climate ought to be treated as if they had done it deliberately.

But the incident today was at the Hammersmith & City Line station, which is a good mile or so away from the Central Line one.