I agree with you about fat. Marbling is fine; big chunks of it are not.
I feel your pain! it’s just that most restaurants, chain or indie, make them that way, but usually they’re in the middle of the burrito from my experience; that’s why I stuck to this one Mexican place in Cleveland that actually spread the sour cream over the tortilla before adding the rest of the ingredients
I’m fine with however people want to eat, and whatever they want to eat. The only thing that bothers me is a practice a few of our kids have. Eating standing up. (or god help me, people in NYC who walk along the sidewalk while eating a slice of pizza). I don’t care what you eat, or how you eat it, but please, sit down while you do it.
Hehehe, for your own sake, never visit the Texas State Fair.
Good advice, Probably true for every state fair. I’m sure I’ll never go to the one in Texas. Can be so sure for the others, but it’s a pretty safe bet.
This day tajin twist sprinkles in my mouth. I’d put it on my ice cream if I had any. ![]()
Lol.
I was just coming in to post that while I may not understand why people prefer something, I would never dream of telling them they’re wrong. There IS no wrong. There’s only people who can’t understand why other people don’t like what they like. You don’t have their taste buds. Either does the cook.
It make zero difference that some cook intended foods to be eaten together. If you don’t like it, you don’t like it. Full stop. (Spoken as an ex-pastry chef who fully understands that not everybody likes chocolate or coffee or walnuts or a host of other things, despite how perfect I think (or don’t think) the mocha walnut torte is.
Whoa, weird, I didn’t even think of this outlier to my aversion to food touching… I always have mixed refritos and the rice together. Strange, that…
But that’s the handle.
When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I’m grown, I eat five dozen eggs
So I’m roughly the size of a barge ![]()
DesertRoomie wants her breakfast eggs scrambled hard – a little brown is okay – and her bacon crisp. When it arrives she breaks the bacon into square pieces then scoops a forkful of egg, deposits a bacon square on it, and pops them into her mouth.
For me, I use my knife and fork more European style rather than the American switchy-switchy style which never made sense to me. Me being left-handed the fork stays in that hand while the knife in my right saws off a piece.
When I was a kid, my dad, who grew up in Boston, would always squirt some yellow mustard into his baked beans whenever we had it as a side dish (usually with sliced pan-fried Polish sausage) and stir it in before eating them. I picked up the habit from him and I rather like it - it adds a sour flavor that balances well with the savory beans and the sweet tomato-based sauce, and I assumed it was just something people from Boston did when they ate baked beans.
Turns out that AFAICT it was just a him thing.
Same here. This and water-skiing are some of the few activities where we southpaws have an advantage.
I do that, too. Switching around just seems like gratuitous hassle. I tend to cut up all of an item that needs it, such as meat, at once. I’m very right-handed, and use the knife in my right hand. My left hand is clumsy enough that it seems best to use the more coordinated hand for the sharp object. ![]()
I break up spaghetti twice before boiling it.
I think that’s what it’s called.
Yikes! For me, long thin spaghettini (cooked al dente) is an essential part of the spaghetti experience!
I concur. When I said my only criticism was about the subject of wine, “criticism” was not the right word. Some people just don’t like the taste of wine, and that’s fine. What I was trying to express was the fact that for many people, a wine that is well-matched to a particular dish forms a kind of synergy where the wine enhances the taste of the food, and the food enhances that taste of the wine. I was lamenting the fact that some don’t share this culinary experience because it can be a real delight.
Apparently I don’t hold my knife and fork correctly. Being right-handed, I’ve always eaten with the fork in my right hand and knife in the left. It’s perfectly comfortable and suitable for all kinds of foods. I was astonished to learn that constantly juggling the knife and fork from hand to hand was common practice.
Two things for me, dessert first, always(why take chances, might drop dead of a stroke or something mid-meal) and pizza eaten point first, crusts saved for a snack a little later.
The more important item is the dessert though.
We have an advantage in water skiing??
I’ve never been water skiing so I am wondering as well.
One would think being from Boston he would prefer the molasses-based sauce. Personally I detest VanCamp’s tomato sauce and prefer either B&M or Bush’s.
I’ve talked to people who thought it was weird that I don’t feel the need to limit myself to traditional breakfast foods in the morning. I’m far more likely to grab some of last night’s leftover lasagna or pop a Trader Joe’s burrito into the microwave than I am to fry up a messa eggs or make some oatmeal.