Ain’t nothin’ weird about leftovers for breakfast. Some of the best breakfasts started out as a dinner from yesterday (or earlier)!
My wife’s the opposite. I’ll suggest something and she’ll say “Naah, we just had that… when we went out with Biff and Scooter last month.”
Which means our ten favorite things are off her menu. And I often find this out after I’ve bought the ingredients.
I think we all know that feeling… but invite all of us over for dinner, and we’ll regale you for an hour about how weird you are.
I’ll admit that it took me by surprise the first time I saw my ideas on the subject taking someone else by surprise.
The only slightly unusual habit I can think off is that when I have peanut butter and jam on toast, I butter one side of the toast then flip the slices over and put the peanut butter and then the jam on the other side, that way the flavour of the butter is not masked by the peanut butter and jam.
I find it interesting that many of you don’t like to mix different foods while eating, I’m almost the exact opposite, I like to combine a little of each for every fork full. The only exception is if there is salad, which I always leave to eat last.
I think it’s weirder that you include butter in a pb&j sandwich than where you put the butter, fwiw.
I used to work with a guy who had the same seven meals in rotation every week. The only night/meal I remember was salmon on Friday. There was also a spaghetti night, too. John didn’t do any of the cooking or shopping, and I never asked if the unwavering meal rotation was his idea or his wife’s. He did vary his lunches during the week, though.
I find buffets bewildering so actually I think your method would work for me
if ever I find myself at a killah buffet
I’ve seen mustard powder in recipes for baked beans. Helps balance the sweetness.
like cold pizza
I don’t see anything wrong with this.
Unusual perhaps, but logical. I don’t do sweet; plus, I don’t like to eat too much. So if we’re eating out I may sit out the starter and go straight to the main course. After that, when others are ordering dessert, if I’m still hungry, I’ll order a starter. I get some weird looks from servers but it makes perfect sense to me. Mushroom soup for pudding? Yeah!
j
It’s one of those pod people!
(just kidding, you eat your dinner how ya like it)
Oh, at least half of my judgement on your pizza is how good it is straight out of the fridge later that night or the next day. I want good pizza, and I’m not taking the time to reheat it!
Ah memories. I had cold pizza for breakfast often when I was 16-18 years old.
It was good pizza.
I make a lot of spaghetti; eat a serving, then put it in the fridge.
Next day I get at least 3 servings, eaten cold, with salt.
I think a professional taster would argue that this process mixes more air into the coffee, making it taste better. Or at least, it brings out more of the subtle flavors. I knew a couple of people in my mother’s rural Georgia hometown who did this with coffee and/or tea. But I doubt either of them could have given that reason for doing it. They probably would have said they were cooling it off or something.
Never tried it myself, as I can barely keep my shirt clean sipping it from the cup.
Granted, this was almost 40 years ago, but I’m pretty sure we usually ate canned baked beans with a tomato-based sauce. I remember getting a can of Bush’s when I was a teenager and being surprised by how different it was.
Dad was the one who usually did the grocery shopping, but he was extremely cheap and an obsessive couponer (a trip to the store with him could take 4 hours while he sought out the best deals on everything), so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was buying your standard “pork & beans” rather than a more authentically east coast style.
I’ve always liked regular peanut butter in my toasted oat cereal each morning! No one in my family likes this; I suspect it looks like someone with a bad liver conducted their morning movement directly into my cereal bowl. But I surely need the protein each morning so it’s a necessity.
Bush’s does offer a style with tomatoes but brown sugar is ahead of it in the ingredient list. I meant no criticism; one should eat what one likes.
Those are Bush’s Homestyle baked beans, for those who are curious. I like them. Probably my favourite of the Bush’s offerings, though there’s nothing wrong with their Original Style too. Whether Homestyle or Original, they’re fine as they are, but I like to add some fresh-ground black pepper for a little zip.
If I understand correctly, you are describing a sort of reverse European style, which is what I call how I do it. I’m right handed, and the fork is in the right hand and the knife in the left hand. I understand that European style the fork is in the left hand and the knife in the right hand, if the person is right handed.