Slimline tumble dryer?

Possibly a silly question, and I have tried to use my google fu to find the answer, however without any joy.

Is there such thing as a slimline tumble dryer? I’d like to slot my dryer in next to the washer, but the available space is only 57 cm wide. There’s no wiggle room at all, so I was hoping I could find a dryer (the condensing sort, ideally) that was, say, 55 cm wide. Unfortunately, everything I’ve seen is 60 cm.

I know there’s such a thing as a slimline dishwasher. Am I just out of luck with this? (I’m in the UK by the way.)

Many thanks

Over here we have what are colloquially known as “apartment dryers”. They’re normally sold as part of a set, scroll down. (Those are the smallest cubic capacity that Sears features.)

But I did find one by itself. It’s 23 1/2 inches wide.

Try googling “space saver dryer”.

I have a little, ancient Zanussi that is 490mm wide. roughly a cube so placing it beside a full size appliance would not be aesthetically pleasing.

If you scroll down to the third one on the page, it might be suitable for you, 420mm wide.

There is also a White Knight here that is 530mm wide.

There are sure to be others of similar dimensions available to you.

Two words: Stack loader. I have an older model Maytag with the washer below and the drier above. It freed up quite a bit of space in my laundry room.
Samsung even has a way to stack their fancy front loaders.
The units stacked are 27" (68.5mm) but that is for both the washer and drier.

Thanks for the ideas. Myglaren I think you may be reading their depth measurements as width, and they’re still too wide for the space I’ve got.
And Rick, while I like the idea of stackables (my sister’s got 'em), it doesn’t work for our utility room. Whoever plumbed in the washer and made the hole for the dryer vent didn’t have a clue about good use of space! Must rethink…

Neither the plumbing nor the venting is insurmountable, so at least consider a reroute. If you need to use the stud space for the rerouting, the main consideration will be what else is in there…e.g. if there are other pipes for the rough in there, it will constrain where the venting can go.
Still, if you are in a place for the longterm, I highly recommend at least considering the rerouting and getting full-size stackables rather than smaller appliances.

My 2c.

OTOH I built my house for three teenage girls.

I fear you are right. Dumnity© strikes again. :o

As Chief Pedant said, there is always a way to make it work.

If front-to-back depth is a challenge, there are flat “periscope” dryer vents that let you push the dryer to within two or three inches to the wall - a far better option than squashing a corrugated hose and restricting the airflow.

Electricity and water are almost mindlessly easy to move around. About the only difficult thing to tussle with is gas, and even that is pretty simple, once you have the right connectors and flexible lines.

About the only thing that can’t be reconed with is vertical height - if the laundry area is too short to hold stacked machines, well, it’s too short, unless you hire a carpenter. Happily, the only laundry area I’ve ever seen that was too short was one crammed under a stairway, and it was too short for humans as well.

More and more washers and dryers on the market now are built to be stackable. Our LG Tromm frontloaders are huge internally, but are standard size externally and came with stacking brackets.

I’ve only skimmed the replies but why not go for a two-in-one unit, where the same drum does both wash and dry. I threw out my stacked washer/dryer and bought the LG WM3431. Operates on standard 120V and has a condensing dryer that you desire. Works like a charm.