Smoothies!

The Smoothie Experiment has been going well. But in addition to fresh and frozen fruit, I would like to add some dried ones. However, the blender does an inconsistent job of dealing with those. Any suggestions? Maybe rehydrating them, freezing them…? (Talking mangoes, thinking of dates and prunes…)

Chop the dried fruit first. I have never had luck with them totally smoothing out. Soaking might just work.
I’ll try it.

(My daughter makes a gummi bear, strawberry, Pina colada mixer and rum smoothie. That would gross anyone out. The gummies smooth just right)

For the record, most blenders I’ve found marketed as “smoothie blenders” are somewhat underpowered, and struggle with more challenging ingredients. My wife, having gotten sick of burning out motors, bought a higher cost, higher torque model, and is pleased with it.

Still, in my experience, chopping such fruits and rehydrating them in a complementary or contrasting juice works pretty well (not water, because flavor gets watered down), although anything fibrous like mango may need extra care.