SNL

I watched Saturday Night Live last night for the first time in many months. I wanted to see if it has improved. NO!!! That show is like a roller coaster having good seasons (at times, very good) and bad. this time it’s come to a complete stop!
I’ll try again in a year or two!

I can’t remember seeing one since Phil Hartman left. And even then they turned in some stinkers.

All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

Yeah, it was pretty lame as usual. Luckily though I am a late late night person and caught a very old SNL…

Gotta love Gilda Radner, 'specially when she did the Brownie. She was probably the funniest woman comedian on TV…

GILDA!!!

The Brownie? You mean The Judy Miller Show? That is, hands down, the funniest one-person sketch I have ever seen.

I wonder if my fondness for dairy products will help us win ball games

Having been an SNL fan since the late 70’s, I can attest to the roller-coaster ride the show has been. Even watching the “classic” SNL on late late night NBC, you can see that nearly every show followed the same pattern: the good sketches were great and the bad ones sucked and never seemed to end.

Now I’m really dating myself, but one of the funniest SNL/Gilda bits was when the late, great Madeline Kahn hosted. It was a sleepover bit, with all the giddy, stupid, giggly chick stuff sent up for laughs. Watching La Madeline and some of the funniest women on TV bouncing off of each other was a joy.

Damn, I remember when that show was subservise. Not just shock/gross ratings mad, but geuninely, evilly subversive. It sure don’t push no edges, that’s for damned sure.

Veb