Snow is a 4-letter word in the MMP

How do you define that? It’s jeans and a polo shirt for me…

Good holy shit is it afternoon already? Still a little logy since Tango made sure none of us got any sleep last night. Little bugger was in attack mode all night long, and my legs were his main target. Definitely going to be an early night tonight!

Sunny outside, but the wind is blowing like crazy. Swept my walkway for me, so that’s a plus, and it’s fun watching the LBBs try to feed from a feeder that is swinging like London in the 60s. To keep the home renovation ball rolling I hung a couple of paintings and repotted some house plants. I’m envious of those who are getting rain. We desperately need it, and there is none in sight for the foreseeable future. Back to drought conditions here in SoCal.

Stay warm, or cool, or whatever your preferred temperature and don’t let the crazy get you down!

I’m at 7,171 of my declared 12,000 steps, so I figure I’ve earned a little TV break. Madalorian, Season 2 Episode 5 coming up. Still figuring out today’s productive thing; stay tuned.

I can tell you it’s definitely not a tube top and gold lamé thong - that’s his fancy dress duds. :wink:

We had an early supper, the dishwasher is washing, and I’ve removed the bandages from my finger. It’s kinda pruny and we’ve decided air is a good thing. I’ll make sure it’s protected before I go to bed, tho. Don’t wanna whack it and bleed all over the bedding. ick.

Till then, chillage in the recline mode.

So after watching the Madalorian, I discovered a stack of unfiled (but paid!) bills in the cubby by my TV watchin’ couch, so I went down to the office/rec room and organized those, which led to a shredding session of some old papers. So I guess that counts as doing something productive. Yay!

Current step count: 8,766.

So we had a thunderstorm today on the way home form work. Which went well, apart from Pinyellow Section dumping a cart of miss sorts on us.
Weather:
Love: early summer 83 and low humidity
Hate: Snow. I can drive on snow, but the idiot going 10 over the limit while doing a 4 wheel drift while passing me can’t. Plus it usually means even more work for me.

GMTA

[Frank Costanza]I GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU, AND I’M JOGGING 2 MILES A BOUT IT![/Frank Costanza]

Glad you’re feeling better, nellie.

Happy belated birthday OW!

Put me down for 06 January (12th day of Christmas) Moooooom

Irked, came home, walked Nelson and et supper. I’ll play in the studio after KP.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more partial to autumn, allergies be damned. In these parts, the humidity is a bit low, except for late November and early December (that’s when we get rain) and the temps nice enough to run around in a light jacket at most. Next would be summer. For a fat, middle aged woman, I tolerate heat rather well. Hate winter, although I enjoy the look of snow if I don’t have to go anywhere. Late spring is OK, especially when everything’s in bloom (again, allergies be damned).

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Nothing much to report. The Dishwasher is working merrily away and I am waiting for the Monday tackleball game since I am a long-suffering Cleveland Browns fan (who expects to go on suffering tonight, but there is hope…). Down to 37F heading for a below-freezing 28F tonight.

Wheelie, hope you made it past 10,000.

FCM, put me down for Wednesday at 2:30pm in the treadmill sweepstakes.

Take care all.

Currently 11,634. Still need to walk over to the pizza place and back to pick up dinner (just a big salad tonight), which’ll put me well over my goal.

Because of my weekend slothiness, though, I need to keep up 12,000 a day for the rest of the week to keep up my 10,000 a day average - which I’ve been maintaining all year. It’s much easier when I’m working.

Got an email from FedEx saying my toy was in Hagerstown, Md this evening and it would be delivered tomorrow. Do we believe this? We do not. But we shall see tomorrow.

I’m having a bit of medicinal Shiraz to help me sleep. Tomorrow, I start organizing the basement.

I’m so happy. Eye doc appointment went as expected, which is wonderful. I get to go down to only once a day on one of the three kinds of Rx eye drops I’m on. Woo-hoo! I go back in 3.5 months. I call that a win. :slight_smile:

I was there forever, though, mostly waiting. (Pro tip: don’t schedule doctor or dentist appointments in December if you don’t have to, as people have paid off their deductible by then and want to get evetything medical in before the end of the year. It’s a sad commentary.) The last available chair in the waiting room was tall enough that my feet didn’t reach the floor. (I’m 5’2.) I swung my feet and enjoyed feeling like a little kid.

Now I’m reorganizing closets. They weren’t messy, so don’t ask my why. I’m at the point where I’m asking that of myself.

Red, I’m with you. October is my favorite month.

Isn’t it weird that it’s still autumn? If I had my druthers, the seasons would go like this:

Winter: December, January, February
Winter, the sequel: March
Spring, the Prequel: April
Spring: May, June
Summer: July, August
Autumn, the Prequel: September
Autumn: October, November

Every kid knows winter=snow; spring=flowers and new leaves; summer=hot days, popsicles, playing in the sprinkler; fall=colorful leaves, Halloween, Thanksgiving. September would be Summer, the Sequel, except everyone’s back in school, then, and it’s WRONG to go back to school in summer, which is rightly reserved for Fun Stuff.

This is intriguingly specific. What do you know, and how do you know it? :male_detective:

I got not one, but twooooo packages in the mail! One is a rain guard for my car (so you can have the windows open a bit e.g. smoke while driving) without getting splashed.

The 2nd one is another boredom/care package from my parents. I’ll save it for tomorrow, as I’s taaahred plus it gives me something fun to look forward to tomorrow.

… and if you’d told me a year ago that a box of random shit from my mother would be the highlight of my day, well …

Howdy Y’all! I survived a two and a half hour long Vestry meetin’. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! Fortunately most meetin’s are no longer than an hour and a half at most. However, budget stuff must be hashed out, compromises reached and all that there fun stuff. I shall shortly betake myself to bed. Yay for that.

I overachieved a bit, step-wise. 13,422 and the rest of the walking I’ll do today will be back and forth to the bathroom and finally to bed. Still going to go for 12 grand for the rest of the week. More is better!

Oh, and Mrs. W, who has the rest of the year off as of next Monday, has revealed her master plan to rearrange various furnitures. This will involve multiple rooms, and stairs. Steps will not be hard to come by in those two weeks.

I had an eye exam today, including dilation. Christmas lights are starting not to look like Koosh Balls, finally.

And this little piece of the northern Midwest is tickled beyond description to clutch you to our bosom and claim you forevermore as our very own.:kissing_heart:

I have a few words for you.
Lands End
LL Bean
Sale or clearance.

Both of my best, warmest, driest boots came from their online sales. LE often has a 40%-50% discount code, which even works on their sale prices. Both have good returns and customer service. That’s where I get my winter coats too-ain’t nothing like a long, calf-length down coat when it is cold and snowing. Cushy boots can come from adding good insoles (further softness and insulation) and then investing in a pair or two of woolen socks.

From years of experience I can make one suggestion, after quitting time on the last day of those irk days do not answer your phone, no matter what. Do not answer the doorbell and go incognito on your email activity. Lay low. Pretend you left the country (even though I know the rules don’t let you) and your phone and lap bag were stolen on the train.

Jeans and a bra for me. Guessing not the case for swampy, but I’ve been wrong before…

Make that three of us. Fall has been mine since I started kindergarten.

Y’all are dumping on my birthday month (March). :frowning:

After two snow events, raising our hopes for a white Christmas, we have settled into a weather pattern of lots of gray with temperatures ranging from just above freezing to 7 degrees above freezing. Yesterday we had some sunshine, because it was Monday. Makes sense, right?

Latest lockdown news means I have to go to my medical training therapy (basically going to the gym, but with a dedicated therapist supervising) at 7:00 am, twice a week. That’s going to be fun, but then it’s out of the way.

Additionally we’ve been walking every day this month. Not as many steps as Wheelie, but our main goal is to MOVE.

Yesterday afternoon’s work was brought to me by Santana, courtesy of Quiet’s suggestion. (Hmm, maybe it’s time to update that list of MMP terms and names.)

At my office I have a bouncy chair, so I can sort of bounce in place. And I have a desk which can be used as a stand-up desk, which is also useful for moving with the music. My home office setup doesn’t have this, so I was sort of limited.

Speaking of which, time to go to work. Commuting distance of 5 meters, so I’ll probably get there on time.

Stay safe!