So, about Seven of Nine

How come Anika was Seven of Nine, but Hugh was Third of Five?

Shouldn’t Anika be “Seventh” or Hugh be “Three”?

That’s translated from Borganese. The slight differences are the result of different ship computers running diffrent point versions of ChatTNG.

“00000111 of 00001001” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Star Trek was never very good at keeping continuity. Especially across franchises.

Voyager was the worst. Could not even keep continuity with in their own show.

/35 photon torpedos.

It’s common to think of The Borg as, well, The Borg. But remember that they came from collectives from very different parts of the galaxy. It’s a little-known fact that there was actually a massive schism in The Borgs over the matter of cardinal vs. ordinal numbers.

Finding no easy solution, they split into two factions, one sailing east around the galaxy, the other west.

in a sci-fi franchise that handwaves faster than light travel, teleportation, aliens who are all oddly anthropomorphic and speak perfect English, and away parties that land on strange alien planets with nothing more than light nylon tunics or jumpsuits for protection, the OP’s main beef is with the grammar they use? :smirk:

Unimatrixes presumably used different nomenclature.

My parents always called me, “second of two”. I think it’s just a matter of personal taste. :smiley:

Do you think the Borg keep their money at Third Fifth Bank?

The ‘th’ is simply silent.

Thirdth?

Ird… but mostly as it applies to Seven(th)

Shouldn’t that be ‘unimatrices’?

Ird Fifth Bank?

Ird Fif, actually.

Reminds me of the old joke-
Husband: Goodnight, mother of 5
Wife: Goodnight, father of 2

Ha!! Good zinger.

Either one appears acceptable.

Unimatrii.

Dave Allen had a joke about a dying Irishman who calls in his sons, big, strapping Patrick, equally big Liam, and wimpy little Seamus, to say good-bye to them, then bids they leave and calls in his wife.

“Moira, I’m dyin’ so tell me the truth. Seamus, little Seamus. Is he truly my son?”

“Yes. I can say without hesitation Seamus is your son.”

“Then I can go in peace.” >urk, dies<

… “Thank God he didn’t ask about the other two.”

To quote one of my sig lines from wayyyy back when we had sig lines:

“Seven of Nine and the other members of her Borg pod are being prosecuted for their actions! We believe that they acted frankly and honestly, and shouldn’t be tried. SAVE THE EARNEST BORG NINE!”