So does anyone remember... (warning: not for the weak of heart)

the web page about the chick who was going to cut her arms off and get “beautiful prostheses” instead? Wasn’t she planning on doing that this May? Just wondering if she ever went through with it.

Maybe she couldn’t find anyone to give her a hand?

:: rimshot ::

Thank you everyone…thank you. I’m heer all ze week.

jarbaby

Goddamm it, can’t you see I’m researching something IMPORTANT here?!? You just JOKE about such things? I’m trying to HELP this poor girl, don’t ya know. I mean, if I don’t give in to my rubbernecking urges and read her web page in amazement that someone could contemplate such an insane idea, then who knows what could happen?

<grumble, grumble> damn newbies with high post counts… tryin’ to make jokes on my thread…

a search on google turned up:

http://www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/6914/ABOUT_ME_PAGE_1.html

excerpt:“I’M ALSO A BONAFIDE DBE (DOUBLE BELOW ELBOW) AMPUTEE WANNABE. YES, THAT MEANS THAT I REALLY DO WANT TO HAVE BOTH OF MY HANDS AND BOTH OF MY WRISTS AMPUTATED ABOUT EIGHT INCHES BELOW MY ELBOWS!”

and http://www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/6914/UPDATES_PAGE_09.html

excerpt: “UNFORTUNATELY, I’VE HAD TO MAKE THE TWO MOST DIFFICULT DECISIONS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE: (1) I HAVE TO POSTPONE MY BECOMING A REAL DBE AMPUTEE UNTIL NEXT JUNE 1ST – 06/01/02,”

So it appears she’s delaying things for a bit.

Well, I’m glad she’s exhibiting some “COMMON SENSE” by postponing her double-amputation plans. Boy, if that doesn’t show common sense, I don’t know what does. May just isn’t a good month to amputate your forearms.

By the way, iampunha, just what did you search on? I did a couple searches, but “woman who wants to cut her arms off” didn’t bring up anything, then I started getting worried that I was going to start getting calls from some concerned HR person who happened to be monitoring my web usage here at work.

And that person would have said "I don’t want to cut your web usage short, Athena…but do you need somebody to give you a hand?

:: d&r ::

jarbaby

Athena, I searched on “beautiful prostheses”.

Perhaps I should have searched on “TWIN BODY-POWERED PROSTHESES WITH DORRANCE #5X STAINLESS STEEL HOOKS”.

Has this woman considered going to see a mental health professional?

[sub]jarbaby, you’re having entirely too much fun with this[/sub]

I can’t recall the name of it, but there is a real psychiatric disorder that involves the person wanting body parts cut off. Very few American doctors will willingly amputate limbs that do not need to be removed.

Sometime in the past 30 years, there was a guy who wanted his testicles removed because his wife was dead and he felt he did not want them anymore and he had to search for quite awhile before he found a doctor willing to do an orchiectomy. Even then, they left the scrotum.

Man, I feel so much better about my compulsiveness after reading that. As long as I am merely anal-retentive about having the silverware in the right compartments in the dishwasher, rather than chossing which body parts I could, nay, SHOULD do without, I’m just fine, thanks!

Eek, no wonder my SIL the doctor won’t go near clinical psych!

Man, I feel so much better about my compulsiveness after reading that. As long as I am merely anal-retentive about having the silverware in the right compartments in the dishwasher, rather than choosing which body parts I could, nay, SHOULD do without, I’m just fine, thanks!

Eek, no wonder my SIL the doctor won’t go near clinical psych!

stupid doctors…left him holding the bag!

:: bouncers come in and grab jarbaby ::

OK! OK! I’m leaving.

jarbaby

ooops…

Don’t let the door hit you on the . . . wait a minute.

Did someone cut off yer . . . you know, posterior area?

This is so sick
and it made me feel sick reading it.
I have trubbel desiding if this is real or not,
I guess it might be.

I just hope she’ll be able to turn off the “CAPS LOCK” key with those hooks. She sure as hell can’t manage it with her own hands.

Hope nobody minds if I cut in…
It sounds to me like she’s off the hook for the moment.
After reading her webpage, I can’t believe she’s taking this in such an off-hand manner. She’ll really have to strong-arm a doctor into performing such an operation.

(See what you people have reduced me to?) :slight_smile:

I agree pulykamell. I can’t believe more people aren’t up in arms about this.

Was that an off-the-cuff remark?

(Somebody, please, shoot us.)

YIKES! Don’t tell me these people are armed!

You know, stacking them in the same compartment leads to “nesting” where they do a kinda spooning thing and cling together. It stops them from reaching their full kleen potential. Just want you to be more compulsive!

And I agree jarbabyj- what we need is a call to arms about this disorder!