So how do you like your martinis?

Call it what you like, it’s delicious. Peel and slice about half a cucumber, place slices in a glass container and fill w/ quality vodka. Leave in fridge 3-4 days before serving. Serve over jumbo, unstuffed olives. I don’t use vermouth for these, but you may if you like. Cuke slices stay in the container and can be eaten later, if desired, I usually chuck them.

*ahem

Me. Sometimes. I find them refreshing, especially with certain foods (fish perhaps) that call for something a touch lighter in taste.

And I don’t drink chocotinis, appletinis, etc. Frankly, I’m surprised you’d equate a simple vodkatini with such confections, unless you’re concerned more with tradition than taste.

Vodka: Absolut, up with a twist.
Gin: Bombay, up with 3 olives.

Half stocked, falling block single-shot, .577 caliber like this.

Sorry Martini Enfield, I just dig the Martini-Henry more.

Coincidentally, I stumbled across a mention of a new (to me) type of martini this evening. Those of you who enjoy blue cheese in your drinks may be willing to move on to these. Enjoy!

I’ll just be over here drinking anything but gin.

The Martini threads are the only ones that I can post in without reservation :slight_smile:

4 oz Bombay Sapphire (Tanq has no personality, and I don’t like Beefeater)
1 tsp Dry Martini Vermouth
6 Large pimento stuffed olives in a salty brine. I forget the name brand, but I always get the same olives. The olives tend to be of lower caliber unfortunately, but the brine is divine.
3/4 of said divine brine (kept in fridge) and poured directly into glass
Glass in freezer for at least 30 minutes (learned that right here on the Dope, Thanks! to whoever it was that suggested a non-chilled glass was barbaric. You were right)
Gin, Vermouth and lots of big cubes shaken, lightly (If your hand moves more than a few inches you are a barbarian) 10 - 12 times, need some water and the gin to be cold but no ice slivers.
I call it the Homeless Man Martini, dirty, damp, cold and slightly bruised.

I like mine at the top of the Marriot Marqui hotel in New York before heading off to see Gilbert & Sullivan.