So how many in your Covid Pod?

We are 2. He’s high risk. And I don’t want to bring anything home to him, so masked grocery shopping and doctors’ appointment are it.

Just us two. I’m at very high risk, and my husband is at moderate risk.

Not counting the cat.

Just me and my elderly mother.
My sister and her husband had been in the pod, but removed due to making stupid decisions.

My daughter is coming up Wednesday, but we’ve made an effort to quarantine as much as possible for the past two weeks and we’re both testing today.

One.

Not even enough characters to make a proper reply.

My wife and I, and our son (officially my stepson), daughter-in-law, and grandson who live nearby.

So, five.
We’re in a relatively quiet county, covid-wise. And all of us are low risk.

We’re careful, but less vigilant than many. We don’t wipe down our groceries, quarantine our mail, or avoid running to the grocery store for one or two items.

We’ve got 5 in our household but there are 5 kids in my oldest daughter’s kindergarten class of which two have younger siblings in my youngest daughter’s preschool class. Since the kids are together all day we’ve kind of adopted each other as part of the pod and 4 of the families had a halloween party together followed by a birthday party the next day and occasionally one of the families will drop by our house for a beer after picking the kids up from school on a Friday night. It’s not quite a pod but we’ve adopted a slight shared risk approach.

Are you using “pod” differently than the previous “bubble”?

My household is just my wife and me.
When weather permits, I bike ride w/ my sister.
We have 1 guy who comes over to play music - approximately weekly.
And we’ve gotten together socially w/ 1 other couple.
Our biggest potential exposure is likely visiting w/ my daughter’s family - her, her husband, and their 2 kids aged 5 and .5. Up until last week, the 5 yr old was attending in-person kindergarten.

We recently reduced our interactions - over the past couple of weeks - IRT to the recent uptick in cases, and due to the colder weather limiting outdoors activity.

Yeah, is pod a newish US thing? I had been avoiding basically everyone but both my parents are in need of care support right now, so I’ve put them in my bubble. I go to the shops (just for food), but am super careful when I’m out. Restaurants and pubs are closed here right now in any case.

My understanding is that a bubble is your social bubble, meaning anyone you have interactions with and who they have interactions with, and so on. A pod, on the other hand, is more “people you treat as if they are in your household.” Your pod would presumably be smaller than your bubble.

No. Generally speaking, in the US pods are just a school or home schooling group thing.

My bubble is 3 people: me, my brother, and his wife. I don’t socialize with anyone else.

Ah, we use ‘bubble’ to mean the above. People you have deliberately formed an extended household with. Of course, this is all a rather new idea!

One.

People talking about Christmas get togethers can just fuck off.

4 people in our household. Our older child goes to a preschool with 2 teachers and 14 other kids.

We are talking to another family that also has a kid at that preschool about combining our households for socializing, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Other than that, no socializing that’s not outside/distanced/masked until the spring, likely. We will pull our son from preschool if local case numbers reach a pre-determined threshold (if the school is even still running at that point).

Me, my husband, our baby
The nanny and her baby

That’s it. It’s very lonely.

Just one. It gets very lonely.

There are three people in my household: me, my wife, and my adult son (who graduated from college last year).

My wife and son have been working at home since March. I was required to go back to the office in May, but wear a mask and socially distance. All my meetings are virtual.

We have forgone all in-person social activities since the pandemic started. For example, we opted out of my in-laws’ annual 4th of July bash, even though it was outside. My son does virtual things with his friends. My extended family all live in Texas, so I haven’t been in contact with any of them.

That’s pretty much it. We are even minimizing store visits to the extent possible, opting for delivery whenever we can. We get takeout, but it has to be curbside delivery or drive-thru.

I’m very thankful my son finished college and got a job before this all started. I’m also very thankful we’re all still working.

Ditto.

Five of us, I guess - me and my SO living in the house. Unmasked (but socially distanced) visits by his older daughter and SO who live together, and his younger daughter, who lives alone.

We wear masks around everyone else.

Four of us - me, wife, kids. My mother-in-law was in our bubble until the kids went back to school and we agreed it was best for her.

We were in a large mess around my dad’s passing in September with my mother, siblings, and their kids.

We’ll sit with people outside and well distanced (8-10’) or go for a walk, but that’s it.

My partner and I. Since March, other than at home I’ve been inside and unmasked for one dental appointment. That’s it. I’ve had a few masked, distanced social visits, an HVAC covidiot in the house doing an emergency repair with his nose hanging out (I was masked), one targeted grocery visit, and a couple of other covidiots here and there, all while I was masked. Same for my partner. Much easier without children.