So I Guess We Need A MMP

My sympathies to your family. It’s never easy, even if you have some warning. Not being able to gather makes it all the worse.

OK, this waking multiple times during the night has got to stop! I hate when I get into that cycle, even if it only lasts a few nights. You’d think with all the fresh air and activity of yesterday, I’d have crashed hard. dammit. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m up and caffeinating. Lots of raking on the agenda for today, along with some measuring and figgerin’ out materials for the raised bed. Maybe I’ll edge the new flower bed with the pieces I had to remove.

I’m also dealing with the accounting firm - I screwed up the electronic signing on FCD’s account and I need to wait for them to unscrew it. We’ll sign and submit, but the gummints won’t get their money till April 15. So there!

Speaking of FCD, he’s got to run to the Dr’s office to pick up his COVID letter, officially stating that he’s in one of the designated risk groups. I’m hoping he’ll make a run to get my topsoil also before his project kicks in - apparently it’s suddenly a short fuse. I could go get it myself, but frankly, I want him to do it. Because.

Onward! Happy Wednesday!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 43 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 78 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Ah, Spring! Also, the pine trees continue their annual orgy. Today I might mow. Or not. We shall see. A trip to the Pubic Sto’ to lay in provisions is also on the agenda. I shall betake myself over to the church house to deal with some church janitor Junior Warden duties. I have been in contact with the place whose HVAC bid we accepted. They will order the stuff needed and when it’s all in, we shall set up a time for installation. It will most likely be an all day affair and my attendance will be required, as someone must be on the premises whilst the work is bein’ done. Joy. Sup shall be leftovers from yestiddy.

{{{Nettie and DH}}} so sorry for your loss. Like Boo said even when you know it’s comin’ it’s still never easy.

Red some folks have no boundaries.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy, Then I suppose I shall purtify and don appropriate bein’ amongst the public attire. Such bother!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

Good morning one and all. It’s a brisk 30 degrees outside with an expected high of around 50 degrees. It’s supposed to be a nice day; too bad I have to work and look at it from inside. Maybe I can get some steps or something in after work today.

I am so sorry for your loss, Nettie.

I am looking forward to having my granddaughter stay for the weekend. I have planned outings to the park, some cookie baking, tricycle riding around the neighborhood, and whatever else she would like to do. I will keep the plans fluid because she’s a toddler and, well, toddlers have a way of changing plans. Somehow, she doesn’t nap anymore, so she might become testy toward the evenings. We shall see. I might try and get her to nap or at least have a quiet time just so she can decompress if needed. She’s a good girl, she’s just a toddler full of energy and her own opinion of how things should work.

It’s been a long week again. It seems I am forever busy with work and I am both mentally done by the end of each workday. Which, is bad news, because it also translates into not wanting to exercise after work either. This is a cycle I need to break especially with longer daylight hours.

Who is looking forward to springing ahead this weekend? Not me. I hate changing the clocks when we have to spring ahead. I sleep so little as it is, “losing” an hour is just not a good thing for me.

Well, I suppose I should trek upstairs and start my workday. My start time is supposed to be 0630, but I always start earlier just to get through the emails. Besides, if I want to flex my time, I can and sometimes I opt to sign out a little earlier.

Morning all. Coaching a dozen U12 boys (really 9-11 year olds) can be exhausting, so I didn’t type anything last night (at least I think I didn’t). Also made one last trade in the U7 teams, two parents wrote me within 25 minutes of each other telling me they couldn’t make their practice days and could I change them–and it turned out they were the perfect swap, so all that is done. Hopefully once we started playing games this Saturday things will calm down (Ha!). No practices today but need to get ready for Thursday (girls) and Friday (boys).

taters, hang in there and enjoy being with the Little one.

Nettie, sorry for DH’s loss, and with the plague being unable to go home…

Gotti, there’s no place like home…

red, stay healthy and there is exactly one neighbor I would allow in my house to make a call. Others…not so much.

flyboy, Not sure why you called him Big O, I’d call him Big I, for Idiot.

Evil Spaceman, congrats on the job and improved role. May it continue well for you.

And too all I might have missed (this thread moves fast when you only get one post a day in), all the best and I’ll be back later.

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s cold, grey and dismal out there today - I have not ventured out but looking at it from inside makes me glad I am not going anywhere. Weather app says “There is no such thing as bad weather. Only fucking inappropriate clothing” and promises me 10C/50F up to 11C/51F and mostly cloudy. There’s also a warning for strong winds from today through to tomorrow afternoon.

Nettie and family I’m sorry for your loss, it’s still hard to deal with even if you have some warning and time to prepare. I am not sure there is ever any kind of preparation that can soften the blow either.

Evil Spaceperson congrats on keeping your job and getting something you want out of it! I was in the same position some years ago, but my solution was to take the severance package and run away! Didn’t run far, I went into temping, worked for a couple of years at the same university I left, then got a permie job there once the severance deal’s exclusion period was over.

Red we didn’t have desks at primary school, everyone had a plastic tray that they kept stuff in, and they were stored in a rack type of thing at the end of each day. That was when we were in the same classroom all day for every lesson. When I was at the posh Grammar School, we had desks that we were expected to keep tidy (the form teacher was at liberty to do random checks if they wanted to) although we moved around from lesson to lesson so had to remember to take everything with us until such time as we were able to return to our home classroom. Woe betide anyone who had to interrupt a class in progress to sneak in and retrieve a forgotten book from their desk!

Oh well, better scoot…I have an evil spreadsheet that needs to be beaten into submission!

OMG - are you me??? :rofl: RoxStar no longer wants to nap, but her mom tries to have a little quiet time after lunch. Last time she was with me, we watched TV from the recliner for a bit and it seemed to work. But, yeah, energy and opinions in spades!!!

I think I finally got things straightened out with our accountants. FCD picked up his note from the doctor, so we’re good for his shot tomorrow. I’ll go along just in case it affects him.

The temps have crept to the mid-50s, so shortly, I’ll head out for some pre-lunchtime rakeage. I think if I limit myself to about an hour at a time, with rests in between, I may prevent excessive strains and pains. The days of all-day yard work are long gone.

{{{Nettie & Family}}} - we keep expecting that call about my husband’s parents. His mom wasn’t answering her phone yesterday and he was on the verge of panic. But he called his dad, and all is as fine as is possible for them. They have told us repeatedly that they don’t want a funeral or a memorial or anything. I’m not sure what they want done with their ashes but I don’t want an urn on the shelf - that’s just too weird to me. We should plan to sprinkle them in the mountains they loved so much.

OK, on to happy thoughts. Um… well… time to rake, I guess…

{{{{Nettie}}}}

I’d never heard of those before I ended up in hospital back in January. As it was, I saw the surgeon more than I did her, even though no actual surgery was involved.

Or “Big 0”.

At first glance that was “The lemmings have crept…” :smiley:

In grade school we had desks like this (though I don’t remember if we had the hole for the inkwell). Assigned seats that we (usually) kept the entire school year; don’t recall having to keep them neat. Beginning in junior high (6th grade) we had these; again, assigned seats that we kept all year, but we had to keep books and thinks in our lockers in the hall. Depending on classroom locations we might be able to make a quick stop at our locker during the five-minute passing period, but most kids carried everything for morning classes, and during lunch went to their locker to swap out for afternoon class materials.

Same experience here for Grandma Boo and her toddler Harriet. Now I can just smirk/laugh remembering when her mother did the same things 30 some years ago.

Went to bed early and slept 10 hours. Waiting for grocery delivery, then I’ll go for a long walk.

My childhood dream of having a clean desk may have arisen out of going to Catholic school. Or it may have been the result of watching too much TV, where desks, houses, and cars were always tidy.

nettie, I’m sorry you lost your MIL. Wishing you and Mr. Nettie comfort and peace.

Taters, hope you and the Tater Tot havea a great time! I quit napping by the time I was three, but Mom kept trying–she needed to get work done–until the doc told her to give it up. We were supposed to nap in kindergarten, which is when I figured out what “eternity” meant.

“A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind.”

Some of you may recall that Shoe fucked up royally, and lost the documents needed to get a new driver’s license.

Mine is now expired almost a year, and is for a different state. Can’t get my car registered, can’t get insurance, Og help me if I need a new job, etc.

Back story: I was not born in this country, so getting docs required is an unholy P.I.T.A.

GOOD NEWS: I can fill out a form for a replacement citizenship doc!

BAD NEWS: It costs $555

My first thought was, “What, couldn’t make it $666?”
My second thought was, “Shaddupp, don’t add another hundred to a cost you already can’t pay, dumbass.”

I decided to strip the bed and wash sheets while waiting for grocery delivery. Sheets groceries are about to arrive. I was exhausted when I ordered last night and fighting off sleep, so it’ll be a real surprise to see what I ordered. I’ve also done desk work (My desk is still pretty tidy, so my mind must be sick, but it’s only temporary.)

Today is gutter cleaning day, so strange men are clomping around near my window, and occasionally my windows get watered. Maybe they’ll grow.

The only downside to donating my body to science is that I keep thinking of epitaphs I like. Yesterday it was “Pining for the fjords.” Today it’s “My, you look nice today! New shoes?”

shoe, that’s a LOT of money! Do you have a fond relative who might contribute to the cause?

And I’m done in the yard for the day. I figure I did about 2 anna half hours, cleaning all around the garden shed and freeing up the trailer. The Wisteria From HellTM worked its way thru the wheels, the deck, the ramp, and even thru the tarp that was in a pile across the tongue. I cut it free (I hope - we’ll find out when we try to move it) and used the blower to clear the leaves off and around it.

I’m not kidding about the wisteria - it’s out of control! I don’t mind that it covers the fence - it’s a nice privacy barrier when it’s leafed out - but it sends runners all over the place. I try to keep it from climbing the trees so it doesn’t choke them out. And I mow over them as they invade the lawn. What really pisses me off, tho, is the paucity of blooms. You’d think we’d be overwhelmed with purple. Nope.

Anyway, done for today. We lunched at Red Robin which means neither of us will be wanting supper. Maybe a bowl of cereal later, or an apple. Or not. I think I’ll do a JigsawADay(.com) and chill a bit. Maybe have some tylenol?

My nursey advice? Take some ibuprofen or naproxen instead (if your medical history allows). The NSAIDs offer better anti-inflammatory effects and therefore your muscles and bones will feel better in spite of the gardening/yard work travails.

Might as well add take it will a full glass of water and a small buffering snack like some yogurt or an apple.

Thanks, nursey, I can do that.

FCM I get the wisteria battle. I have an annual battle with morning glories. (Aren’t they supposed to be an annual.) That come back every year and try to strangle every thing. They’ll take down the day lilies. They try to take down the phone line that runs up the side of the house.

The wisteria tries to grab me when I drive past on the riding mower. Seriously - I think it’s out for blood!!! :open_mouth:

ok street tacos are little tortillas sized between a 50 cent piece and a saucer and don’t have many of the things we associate with tacos it’s maybe just meat some onion and cilantro and a dab of salsa or a fasts fook packet of tapatillo which is why they’re like 50-75 cents and sold by street vendors who have little hibachi grills that they wheel or carry around

walk around la long enough and you can stuff yourself for about 10 bucks because one seller uses pork … one uses chicken …I’ve even seen one who used fish and shredded turkey …

Our yard problems used to be trees we don’t have anymore but the roots have formed a jungle underneath the yard …

And don’t forget cabeza and lingua!