So, I had unprotected sex yesterday

Let’s see, the name of this forum is Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share. The OP seems to think unprotected sex is either mundane or pointless. In addition, why would he post this sort of private matter unless he wants to be figuratively bitch-slapped? I have merely (1) disabused him of the notion of the pointlessness of unprotected sex and (b) acted as his surrogate parent, which is what he wanted in the first place.

Having done said jobs and having now had to defend myself twice for answering the post, I now depart the thread. Please feel free to squabble amongst yourselves.

Not yet, but I keep hoping…

I have unprotected sex on occasion. I’m a guy, and it’s with a guy.

And yes, I feel bad after; yes, I should control myself more.

I seem to have a self-destructive urge that surfaces occasionally. I’ve brought it up in therapy. It’s not pretty.

I need to go get tested. I’m afraid to.
:eek:

When my wife and I decided we were ready to start a family, we started having unprotected sex. She was pregnant within weeks. I was kind of annoyed…I was looking forward to at least a few months of condomless sex. Yes, we could have sex without condoms during her pregnancy, but her sex drive was pretty reduced after her first trimester. Y’know, that whole giant tummy thing, tiredness, nausea, etc etc.

So, the moral of the story is, you can get pregnant from having unprotected sex, even if it is just once or twice. Yes, you can.

Well, That certainly explains my lack of success rate! Dang! I coulda saved a LOT of bruised knees if I’d known that a few years back!

Well, That certainly explains my lack of success rate! Dang! I coulda saved a LOT of bruised knees if I’d known that a few years back!

Lezaza – did you ask her (either before or after) if she was on the pill? You may save yourself some worry if you knew the answer. Or maybe SHE’s sterile?

Although this is the mundane, pointless, etc., forum, I’m still amazed at the number of people so willing to immediately attack not only the OP but anyone else who disagrees with their own attack on said OP. Maybe you’d just rather tattoo the guy with a big 'ol Scarlet “S” (for stupid)? Then you could save your I’m so-much-more-responsible-than-thou breath.

As for me? I’ve had unprotected sex over and over and over again, with the same guy (and damn was it great). BUT (and don’t skip this part for those of you who are going to diss me for having unprotected sex), we had known each other for over a year first, we BOTH were checked out medically beforehand even though we’d already had physicals previous to us getting involved – as a courtesy to each other and for ourselves, to make sure there were no hidden organisms hiding somewhere, and in that year we talked a LOT about both of our past histories, plus he was ‘fixed’, so no preggers problems there. In four years no diseases or pregnancies. It’s called trust and communication. Try it, you might like it.

and chefguy, how does the OP having unprotected sex once “expos[e] countless humans to the possibility of debilitating or fatal illness”?

(1) wow – I didn’t know you could read minds through the internet!! and (2) [which is really what should follow (1) instead of (b)] I missed the part where he was asking for a surrogate parent.

Besides, I thought bitchslapping was reserved for the Pit.

Lezaza – did you ask her (either before or after) if she was on the pill? You may save yourself some worry if you knew the answer. Or maybe SHE’s sterile?

Although this is the mundane, pointless, etc., forum, I’m still amazed at the number of people so willing to immediately attack not only the OP but anyone else who disagrees with their own attack on said OP. Maybe you’d just rather tattoo the guy with a big 'ol Scarlet “S” (for stupid)? Then you could save your I’m so-much-more-responsible-than-thou breath.

As for me? I’ve had unprotected sex over and over and over again, with the same guy (and damn was it great). BUT (and don’t skip this part for those of you who are going to diss me for having unprotected sex), we had known each other for over a year first, we BOTH were checked out medically beforehand even though we’d already had physicals previous to us getting involved – as a courtesy to each other and for ourselves, to make sure there were no hidden organisms hiding somewhere, and in that year we talked a LOT about both of our past histories, plus he was ‘fixed’, so no preggers problems there. In four years no diseases or pregnancies. It’s called trust and communication. Try it, you might like it.

and chefguy, how does the OP having unprotected sex once “expos[e] countless humans to the possibility of debilitating or fatal illness”?

(1) wow – I didn’t know you could read minds through the internet!! and (2) [which is really what should follow (1) instead of (b)] I missed the part where he was asking for a surrogate parent.

Besides, I thought bitchslapping was reserved for the Pit.

my girlfriend thought she was sterile (why? i don’t know)
a couple of unprotected sex romps later and she now has two beautiful children! :slight_smile:

Coitus interruptus really sucks as a method of birth control. I would recommend sticking to 69 or mutual masturbation if no birth control alternatives avail themselves.