So, I had unprotected sex yesterday

God it feels good though, doesn’t it?

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had unprotected sex. Hell, we still used condoms during the year I was on the pill. (You can never be too careful when pregnancy is NOT an option.)

And if I have had unprotected sex and since forgotten (must not have been that memorable a night, so almost certainly not worth the risk) it was still an incredibly stupid, irresponsible thing to do. Sex doesn’t “just happen.” You don’t just trip and accidentally fall on a dick, you know. If you’re a guy, you don’t just trip and land dick-first in a vagina. Sex involves a fair lot of pretty deliberate actions.

Tell me you changed your mind about using birth control. Tell me you decided “to hell with it.” Tell me you’re not terribly averse to the idea of pregnancy. But don’t tell me “it just happened,” because that’s horseshit.

I always use protection…thank god for my attack dog and baseball bat!

The morning after pill is available over the counter in Sweden, right? If so, there’s definitely no excuse for not using it.
http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/index.html can provide answers to any questions you might have about it.

And everyone they’ve had sex with, and everyone they’ve had sex with, going into the past possibly ad infinitum. So really, unprotected sex could mean that you’re having sex with apes! :eek:

New safe sex slogan: “Keep the Monkey in its Cage.”

Stop being a shithead WMN! My unprotected sex act stint ended with the “surprise” pregnancy when I was 19. Taught me a huge lesson. I was married after that and yeah I had unprotected sex then but once I was divorced, honey I am locked up tighter than a drum and double protected. Not only am I on the pill, no condom? NO ENTRY! PERIOD! NO WAY NO HOW It isn’t worth it and it isn’t just because of pregnancy . there are way too manyscary things out there. I totally love my bf ut I know he has slept with over 30 women. when I multiply that by how many ment hey must have slept with…ewwwwww…I don’t even want to think how many people I would be accepting responsibility for. YIKES. It would be lik esleeping with the entire population of fucking Oz Fest. No thank you. A s a matter of fest, I think I should probably double wrap that sucker.

If I don’t have a condom, he can cum on my tits or something…

Why in the world would I be kidding? I didn’t ask why the OP had sex, I asked why the OP had unprotected sex. The anticipated answer of “because I really wanted to” is logically void, especially considering the worry and angst the OP is going through which prompted him to write his post.

If there were a reasonable excuse for his actions, I could possibly sympathize. But as of yet, all I have to offer him is “that was a stupid-ass thing to do” and the constructive advice to follow the suggestions others have given in this thread.

Kidding, indeed. :rolleyes:

Moderator’s Notes:

And stop pissing in MPSIMS, mipiace.

Uh oh. Trouble.

You’re right of course. I hereby apologize, lezaza: Please continue to be an irresponsible member of society, spreading your progeny wherever you please and exposing countless humans to the possibility of debilitating or fatal illness. I was completely in error to respond in the manner I did to your self-indulgent posting. Happy, WMN? :smack:

I’ll preface by saying that I don’t know anything about you and your boyfriend (could be a two-week-old relationship). Unwanted pregnancy should be avoided like the plague, but there’s a lot of stigma attached to sleeping with > 10 people.

IANAGyn, but this “ewwwwww [sic]” business is a little childish. If you’re really worried about disease, you need worry about (1) diseases he has contracted but are still within their incubation period (I don’t know of any STD that has an incubation period of > 6mo), and (2) diseases which he has but are latent (e.g. herpes).

If he gets tested and he’s honest with you, then you probably don’t have as much to worry about as you think.

Anyone agree / disagree with me?

Hey – I have unprotected sex all the time! With a woman! It’s great!

Of course, she’s my wife, and we were both virgins when we got married, and she’s on the pill, and we’re planning on starting a family pretty soon anyway… :smiley:

Barry

Allow me to add my unfortunate behavior to the thread. I have had unprotected sex several times, but always with a long-term partner. Stupid, bad, foolish decision each time and if necessary (ie pregnancy) I would have accepted full responsibility. I hereby subject myself to a well deserved flogging.

Unfortunately “honest” is a relative word in 2003.

Yeah… I’ve never had unprotected sex with a substantial risk of pregnancy. That’s just fucking stupid. In my mind, there’s a huge difference between running a generally tiny risk of messing up (to a variable extent) one person’s (the infectee’s) life, as opposed to running an often substantial risk of messing up three people’s lives.

they were probably drunk.

I know you’re just making a half-assed weltschmerzy, cynical quip, but there’s a big difference between the word “honest” being relative and honesty being relative.

I would agree with the latter, but not the former.

Did you even read the site that you posted a link to?
It seems to be an anti-morning after pill.

Yeah. The people who run that website are sick, subversive fucks offering a mishmash of information, misinformation, and irrelevant pro-life moralization.

I think you are all going a little harsh on the OP, especially Chefguy! There are circumstances that we all get involved in. Girl is on the pill but forgot to take it, everyone is feeling drunk, guy thinks he is sterile cause he’s been shootin blanks for months(source: a friend of mine), etc, etc…
And this comment…

Am I the only one taking showers and getting checked for diseases?!?(And also insuring my girlfriend does)