So I Have Surgery Next Week

Outpatient surgery to fix a problem instead of the doctor trying to keep putting a band-aid on when a simple procedure will fix it. So I’m going under the knife, being put to sleep. Jeesh I hate that. I always throw up when I first come to in the recovery room. Please send me all your warmest thoughts. Did I mention I hate being put to sleep? I’m afraid I won’t wake up again. I have exactly one week to whine a bunch. Send me cheese.

Make sure you tell the anesthesiologist that you tend to throw up with general anesthesia. S/he can give you something to minimize that.

I had gall bladder surgery day before yesterday. I was dreading waking up from the anesthesia because last time I felt like I couldn’t breathe, but this time it wasn’t bad at all. I hope your surgery and anesthesia goes as well as mine did, ultress.

And you can’t call what you have done so far whining. Put your back in it, woman! :slight_smile:

I hate being put to sleep as well. I had emergency surgery several years ago and I sobbed as they were preparing to put me under. I was afraid I’d never see my kids again!

You have all my sympathy and good thoughts.

Oh, and like Brynda, I think you need to put a little more effort into that whining. :wink:

ultress, I know the anxiety well - 3 surgeries worth, not to mention minor procedures where I was in “twilight sleep.” Sometimes you just have to trust the professionals to do their jobs. Easier said than done, I know, being the control freak I am, but that’s just the way it is.

I agree with Brynda - tell everyone everything!! Prepare them for the worst - they may be able to minimize or eliminate the side effects.

Anyway, good luck to you. Just try to relax. And remember all the details so you can repeat the story over and over again when you’re a little old lady. Good vibes coming your way!

Good vibes and thoughts to ultress. Also, for Gawd’s sake, if yer gonna whine, whine! You can do it! :smiley:

Brynda glad the gall bladder surgery went well. Thoughts and vibes for good healing coming your way too.

Ok. I’ve never been much of a whiner, I’m new at this so it’s gonna take some practice.
Geesh Brynda you should have let us known. Gallbladder is not good. I can say that I’ve still got all the original body parts, although some don’t work as good as they used to, some work better. I hope your recovery goes good, don’t push it and take care of yourself.
I’m supposed to be up and about and feeling frisky by the next day. We’ll see.

It was just laproscopic surgery–4 little holes in my belly, so I am feeling pretty good.

And you still aren’t whining enough. :slight_smile:

I’m best known for my Jewish penicillin, but since you asked, here’s some cheese and wine for ya. Best of luck, hon! I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Good luck! Make sure you take your valubles out of your pockets, those surgeons have sticky fingers. :smiley:

Ah yes, I was put under a year ago when I got my teeth out. My sister wanted me to write “You’re going to hell for this” on my stomach, just in case…
Good luck with your surgery and recovery! Here’s a hunk of cheese <|