So, I just spent about a week in the hospital

Oh, really? Sorry… retract my statement then.

I’ve been doing submission grappling/BJJ about the same amount of time now, and yeah, it puts as least as many marks on you as striking does. I’ve had some knee, neck and shoulder issues over it as well. Only time will tell; might be possible to continue, might not.

The Dog Brothers are stark raving insane. Good insane, but insane nonetheless.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re back up on your feet, stomach and butt soon. :slight_smile:

Just for the folk who might not have encountered them before, here is a link to some Dog Brothers vids. Check out the “in action” ones. Just good clean fun, heh? :stuck_out_tongue:

My wife never cared for my figthing, but IIRC what upset her most was when I’d have my shirt off the day after training and she’d see all these purple handprints all over my body.

Sorry for the hijack. Now back to prav. You know one thing you’ve learned from your training is that you can accomplish just about anything you set your mind to, and have the fortitude to create yourself pretty much however you want. Eager to hear where you go from here.

Holy crap! You are the first person I’ve ever met (albeit online) that has the exact same mutations that I do! Your story reads almost the same as mine… DVT, PE, etc. I also had the bonus of a defect in the walls of my heart that allowed a clot to migrate to my brain. I had a stroke at age 27, back in 2004.

At 6 years out from being given a lifetime sentence to warfarin therapy, I can tell you that it eventually becomes part of your day to day routine. Over time, you learn to accept your limitations and work within them. I had to give up rock climbing and now play softball wearing a helmet. I wear compression stockings on long flights.

The one piece of advice I can give that nobody told me is to be careful if/when switching pharmacies - generics are not always metabolized the same way across different brands, so be sure your doctor knows if you switch and tests accordingly. I learned that the hard way when I switched from CVS to Kroger and developed a spontaneous hemorrhage inside my knee.

:eek: Holy moley. Thanks for a little more perspective in the “could have been worse” department. Glad to see you still among us. Thanks for the heads up on generics; I’d heard that it needed to be paid attention to, but not in quite so dramatic terms.

[QUOTE=Dinsdale;12366721Sorry for the hijack. Now back to prav. You know one thing you’ve learned from your training is that you can accomplish just about anything you set your mind to, and have the fortitude to create yourself pretty much however you want. Eager to hear where you go from here.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. That means a lot, especially since we come from similar MA backgrounds and you understand where I’m coming from.

While I’m on it, thanks again to everyone for your kind words and well wishes. They really do help.