So I'm settled in now, and, on the whole, life is purty darned good

I made yet another blind leap into the abyss a couple months back, risking my future and sanity on a whimsical spin of Fortuna’s Mighty Wheel. O Fortuna, you fickle thang, you.

Yes, I got a new job and moved. Allow me a little poetry, huh?

Anyway, I’m here, I’m settled in, and I’m so loving my new job. I’m the science information manager for several national parks in the southeast. I finally have a job that combines my background in field biology with my education in geographic analysis and computers. I mean, this job was MADE for me. Or I for the job. Or something.

They treat me like a professional. Amazing, considering I was getting quite used to being a paper-shuffling wage-slave.

I now live across the hall from my longtime girlfriend, and to cap it all off, I think I’m losing weight. Sweet!

Oh, and my office is a house, with wood floors, and a desk that faces directly out of a large picture window into an expanse of pine woods on the toeslope of a mountain. Ahhhhh.

Oh, and Osip, if you bother to read this, let’s get together and demolish a beer or four, OK?

But not this week. I’m spending all this week on Lookout Mountain outside of Chattanooga, searching for a threatened species of skullcap.

Woohoo! :slight_smile:

Well, this one certainly generated a lot of interest, Mr. Ogre.

:slight_smile:

Duuuuuuuuuuude.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeee:)

Hey Ogre! Glad to hear things are going so well. :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I thought nobody loved me there for a while. :slight_smile:

Oh, and super_head - shove it, punk. You still owe me a lot of money. :slight_smile:

Hey, Ogre,

Wow, living beside a mountain! YAY! I’m up at 6,000 feet in the foothills of the Sandias here in New Mexico, and I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it is to see these majestic mountains every morning when I arise. Is the autumn air clear and crisp and lovely? Do you hear the little critters rustling at night? I awaken most nights to the lonely but beautiful cry of coyote, their yipping and howling swirling through the windswept, starry night.

Best of luck, you sound happy as a clam! So, let’s hear more about your girlfriend!

Spooks

You better pinch yourself, bud. Glad it’s all good!

Congrats Ogre! You’ve deserved a break like this for a long time.

I’m glad you’re still in-state for now…hopefully you can make it to the next Bamadope.

Awesome to hear it, Ogre! Best of luck in your continued things-going-goodness!

You were good, but not THAT good.

Hey, a deal’s a deal, butthead.

Everyone else: thanks. :slight_smile:

Ah, mountains. You have the envy of this flatlander-boy, anyway. Not to mention all the other perks of your situation.

Congrats, Ogre.