Heather Alexander was a staple at BayCon for years then transitioned to Alexander James Adams. The way he put it was, “She agreed it was time for her to step back and let me be myself.” He was a little surprised and very touched there was no pushback from the fans.
Here is Heather singing one of my favorites, “Ichabod Crane” and here is Alexander with “Please Awake” which I suspect means a more than usual to him.
I don’t really have body dysphoria. At most, I feel neutral towards my body. The lack of dysmorphia was one of the reasons I figured that I couldn’t be trans.
In my support group, there some folks who express intense hatred towards parts of their anatomy. I don’t feel any of that.
A while ago I watched a documentary named Will and Harper. Will is Will Farrell and Harper was someone he knew who was transgender.
Harper basically looked like a man wearing a dress. And when they went into public places there were times she got a lot of negative treatment. So, it could be either that you have to make it so you pass as female, or deal with a lot of jerks. It shouldn’t be required to have to do one or the other.
What is expected in terms of how to come across and dealing with jerks?
This is one of those parts where I admit that I don’t know. I don’t know whether I’ll socially transition. I already know that I’ll likely look at FFD, Facial Feminization Surgery. Currently, my insurance covers it, but will it next year?
I’m so happy that you feel confident enough to start this thread. It’s been so interesting to read your MMP posts and learn more about how you feel, how you see things, how you have dealt with opening up to your family, and your continuing journey to becoming the person you want to be.
Your immediate family seems incredibly supportive too, your wife has found people to talk to and it certainly sounds like you have everything in your favour right now. The fact that you and Mrs Magill are working through this together speaks volumes about the strength of your marriage and your commitment to each other. You are very lucky!
We like you too @Mollie, you’re still you! Thanks for sharing, I would have spent a while cluelessly wondering what ever happened to that other @Maus_Magill poster bc names r confusing.
I don’t have much to add, except best wishes! Life is way too fucking short to not live authentically. Congrats to you!
It’s long occurred to me that the existence of transgendered people makes sense from a biological standpoint. We all start out as female in the womb (hence why men have nipples), but some genes get expressed to turn some fetuses into males. But, just like when a person is sometimes born without fully developed limbs, those genes may not all get expressed. There can be some overlap, because nature doesn’t exist in sharply defined categories. I once met a woman with different colored eyes; same sort of thing.
As someone who has been witnessing the transition process of my dearest friend (actually, one of the two loves of my life, although always platonic), from first vague doubts, to certainty about their identity, public coming out and starting hormone therapy, a process that has been going on for about 5 years now, I can only show my whole solidarity with you and your transition. I know the many difficulties it brings and how hard it is from my friend’s perspective, but I’m glad you have a loving, understanding wife and family. As for accepting to be trans: after these five years of a process, my friend has totally owned being trans, and it has become a very important aspect of their personality, and they’re glad and proud about it. Maybe you can be too, some time in the future. I wish you all the best!