So Long Folks - real super long

Jess-

Best wishes in all you do, and may the road that you’re taking diverge back into ours at some point in the future. This lil’ community will be waiting for you.

-Walt

Take care jarababyj.

I have enjoyed reading your posts, and will miss them, and you.

Good luck in your life.

:frowning:

Wow.

You will be missed, but if you think this is what you need to do to take care of yourself, then best of luck. I wish you well.

Jess, honey, I hope we’ll see you back here soon.

You’re one of the most perceptive women it’s been my pleasure to encounter, and not only are you perceptive, you have an amazing way with words which makes us all draw breath. You have a talent which many of us wish we shared. You can take life’s worst moments, be honest and courageous about them and relate them in a manner which makes us all THINK.

Do what’s right for you Jess, but know that this community loves and admires you and we’d love to have you back any time.

Merryl

Ciao bella.

Come back soon, and be well.
:frowning:

Thanks for being you Jess, we’ll miss you. Come back when you’re ready.

Pete

Sorry to see you go, jar. I always enjoy a jarbabyj thread to make me chuckle after my long, painful day.
Hope you figure everything out.

I guess that means Twisty and I can’t jarnap you.

:frowning: Take care of yourself. See you later.

Dear Jessica/jarbabyj,
Please take all the time you need to get better. I shall miss you while you’re gone. You have many people here who are concerned. The best to you, always.
Jay

Good luck getting everything sorted out, jarbaby. I haven’t interacted with you a whole lot, but I’ve always enjoyed reading your posts. The board won’t quite be the same without you, but real life comes first. I’m sure most of us will be here when you get back. :slight_smile:

Oh, jarbabyj. I just want to thank you for being the first person to email me off the board and make me feel so welcome here. You’re one of the brightest, funniest, cleverist (new word?) people I “know”.

I am actually envious of you. You write like I talk. No, really. And I would love to write the way you do. You’re my mentor (whether you know it or not) on the boards. I will be saddened by your leaving, but I totally understand and stand by your feelings.

Please hurry back, Jess. You’re a marvelous person. Believe it or not, some of us do see what is written between the lines. Genius is often doled out in miniscule doses…and profane ones! :wink:

I, for one, will wait semi-patiently until your return. In the meantime, I will try to come up with new hilarities in your absence. Whether I use them here, or IRL.

You are the shitclamp. And I mean that with all my heart.

[sub][Judy Garland voice]Have yourself a merry little Christmas…[/Judy Garland voice][/sub]

Take care, Jar, and here’s hoping you’re able to come back soon. You’re one of the people whose posts I tend to read rather than skipping over, so I hope I see more from you in the future.

Oh, dear, Jar, I will miss you—but I have had to take time off too, sometimes for Board-related reasons and other times for life-related reasons.

The thing I’ve learned here is TO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. You’ll notice, I rarely post to “serious” topics now, no matter HOW strongly I feel about them, because I either wind up getting into fights or giving away Too Much Information. So I mostly use the Board for question-asking, or for making drive-by wisecracks.

Hope you’ll be back soon!

Another one wishing you the best, Jessica. May you get back to whatever in life gives you inner strength, and may it be enough to help you come back here and be who you want to be.

We’ll miss you.

As others have said, I must echo “Take care of yourself” you have to be the person you want to be, and often the boards can sweep one away.

They’ll be here when you want them and the good stuff will never leave.

hug

I can see why you might need to take a break. It can be a bit much sometimes. So go on recharge and all that stuff. That should give me enough time to embroider “I AM NOT THE PIT’S BITCH” on a t-shirt or hand towels or something.

Peace
Cindi

This summer I took a 3 month “sabbatical” from the SDMB, and the entire internet. It was really nice, and when I came back, I had some perspective. Here’s hoping that it works out for you the same way it worked for me.

I don’t really know you, but I’ve always enjoyed your posts. I’ll miss them. Just as you are correct in your assessment that a message board is not the most important thing in the world, you should not take things that happen on it so seriously that you are still upset when you are off the board.

Still, if being here has become a problem, you should be proud of yourself for recognizing it and doing something about it. Auf Wiedersehen, Dame Unterwäsche.