So Long Folks - real super long

Rest well!

I enjoy reading your posts even if I don’t always agree with you. Keep in mind that some of us (and when I say “some of us” I mean “me”) don’t usually join in the “I Love Jarbabyj” chorus because, well, it already has so many voices. It doesn’t mean I don’t think your great. I do tend to speak up disproportionatly in threads where I may not agree with you. This may lead to a “Damn that tevya really hates me!” perception but that is truly not the case. You just don’t see all the times I’m silently reading, enjoying and agreeing with your posts because I don’t want to be the 3 millionth person adding a “me too” post.

Of course you may have no idea what I’m blathering on about. In that case, um…have a nice rest. Shower the jarhubby with lots of attention. Drool over German welders who are smoking while listening to Rammstein and drinking Miller Lite.

Jess, hope all goes better for you and you can find the balance you’re looking for.

Vaya con dios*, lady.

Good luck jess. As one of those on your short list, I never for a second had any ill-will toward you. Relax, watch plenty of Doug Weight and I look forward to having you back.

Take care Jessica, I only have this to say:
“Woohoo! I got used in the same sentence as SeaSorburst!”

:wink:

Live life, Jess. As others have said, we will be here when you come back.

Luck, jarby.

koyanisqatsi, jarb. Good luck. Take some tylenol with you, a couple are good for life’s littler aches and pains.

QtM

Jess:

When I saw the thread title, it was as if someone had poked me in the gut. I thought, “Oh, no! Not her too!”

Then I read your OP, and I feel a bit better about it. Not for me (I’ll miss you terribly), but for you. It sounds like you do need something of a break. This place can be all-consuming at times; I have trouble thinking of it as “just a message board”. It really is a community, no matter what people might say.

That said, the main reason why you feel you can’t branch out and show different sides of yourself here (IMHO) is because you’ve set yourself up as an extremely hard act to follow.

You’ve created (not the right word, but I hope you can tell what I mean) a person here that many people (myself most definitely included) view with respect, awe (stop rolling your eyes!), and friendship. It is possible to move people with words alone (as a writer, you’d better hope so!:)), and you’ve done it.

I actually understand the problem with flirting (no, really!); of course, since my problem is flirting too much, rather than having other people flirt with me too much, I don’t have anything real intelligent to say about it. Your OP here should help, though; many people will read it, and, since they like you, they’ll most likely tone it down when you return.

Lastly, I know some people say they don’t care what other people think of them, but I have a hard time accepting that. I think that everyone, at some level, cares what at least some people think of them; if we didn’t, we could do whatever we wanted with no thought to the consequences. It just makes you human, is all.

In short (all together now: TOO LATE!), Godspeed, Jess. Have a good break, and come back to us. We’ll miss you. :frowning:

Yep, I know what ya mean. Everyone needs a break now and then. I’ve even done it, course no one noticed. Duh. Anyway, find the balance, it’s there, and come on back. You will be missed and I do consider you a friend.

Take care of yourself, jarbabyj. I’m wishing you well. :slight_smile:

I’m posting something to someone who said she isn’t going to be reading it anyway.

Oh, well…

I took an unintentional break for a few months when I was laid off and they took back the laptop I was using. A break is nice. It allows the batteries to recharge.

Take it easy, Jessica, and I hope your holidays are happy.

Rys

Good luck on your break, I hope you get everything worked out. I like the way you think, and your flair for the English language makes me feel all warm inside. You will be missed!

P.S. Even though it will kill me, I’ll try to cheer for your Blackhawks in our Hockey Thread from time to time. As long as they don’t play the Wings. Or any team from North America. :smiley:

Well, Jessica, you should do what you feel is best. I’ll miss you, because I found you entertaining, intelligent, and insightful. I don’t read much of the Pit, so if that’s what’s getting you down, I can understand.

But it seems to me you’re dwelling more on the negative. Not everything you posted was like what you described, at least not as far as I could see. But I’m not in your shoes, and if the board is interfering with your real life, then maybe you do need to get away and get some perspective.

I look at the SDMB as a community. People come and go, they have their personalities, and people change and grow, too. There have been times when I haven’t looked at the board for days, but then I can always start over somewhere again.

I will miss you, because I think you had a lot to offer. Should you decide to come back, I’ll be very glad to see you again. Should you decide not, then my best to you and yours. Thanks for contributing. I hope to see you again around here.

Well my dear babyj sabbaticals are good for people. Recharging the batteries, leaving the field fallow for a while, that sort of metaphor thing.

And we can all benefit from some validation out in the real world.

I have a feeling that a short time away will help you see the strengths and limitations of these Boards, and how they can be useful in enhancing your life, and when they get in the way. I’m certain that you’ll feel good about coming back when the time is right.

And I hope you’ll be back before we expect.

Redboss

jarbabyj said:

I’m not sure if I should be flattered or not that you lay awake thinking about…oh. Wait. No sexual allusions, right? :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, I definitely don’t hate you, as I’m glad you came to understand. I don’t know you enough to hate you. I enjoy your posts, mostly. (BTW, I definitely understand how other, random concerns can keep one from writing. It’s a Bad Thing. Just goes to show you, writing is hard. If you need a mutual support writing group, feel free to email me…)

Dang it. Now I’m going to feel guilty that I made you leave. And everyone’s going to hate me. Damn you, jarbabyj!!!..

Take care, jarbaby. Farewell, Jessica. May you find what you seek and come back to us stronger.

Despite the occasional jab about cooking and such, I hadn’t noticed any hostility. I certainly hope you haven’t felt any directed back at you.

Take whatever time you need, we’ll leave a light on for you.

Best Wishes,

Chris

Take the time you need but please do come back, both Jess and Jar.

i’ll miss you.

Be well.