So, my BIL keels over dead today

Got a call from Hubby this afternoon, right after lunch. He was using that voice so in his voice message he was careful to say “I’m ok BUt …”

My hubby’s sister and her husband have been married for umpteen years. Prolly 30 yrs or so. They have two kids, both in their middle 20’s. BIL finally retired from the DOT on June 30 - just a couple of weeks ago. He had 30 + yrs in.

So today BIL was piddling around the yard. He got up, walked his regular 3 miles, ate breakfast. He went to go about fooling in the yard while Aunt Sis went to work.

She spoke to him on the phone about 11:00 , 11:30 ish as he took lunch.

Then the next door neigbor spied him lying in the yard about 1 pm and called 911.

I’m still not clear about what happened … heart attack? stroke? but maybe that’s ok too. I’m still just so shocked about it … here was a guy who was in his early fifties maybe … to all appearences the picture of health: slim, trim, good color etc.

The paramedics worked very hard but they admitted that it had been too late after what-ever-had-struck-him for them to help.

This is truly MPSIMS because I’m not sure why it’s important to share this.

I guess the bottom line is, even with all his wackyness, I’m gonna miss Wayne.
:frowning:

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. It makes me sad to think Wayne won’t get to relax and enjoy his retirement. As for the thread placement in MPSIMS, I can understand 100% why you MS. I don’t think it’s M or P, but where else would you post something like this? Maybe in the Pit-- pit Death for taking away someone you loved and who you will miss. :frowning:

{{{{NinetyWt & family}}}}

That’s terribly cruel, to go just when you’re ready to take up retirement and enjoy that deserved time with your spouse. That really sucks. I’m sorry.

I’m sorry for your loss, NinetyWt. You never can tell when it’s gonna happen, can you?

I’m no good at this sort of thing, so just know that I’m thinking of you.

My sympathies go out to you and your family on your loss, NinetyWt. It all seems so unfair.

Are you local to your sister-in-law? She’s probably going to need a lot of help to get through this. I hope that she has friends and family nearby. The kids, too.

Best of luck to you all.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

NinetyWt I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Some men will do anything to get out of a Honey-do list.

I’m sorry for your loss.

I worked with a guy at Edwards AFB. He was an old codger who was in the Army Air Corps in WWII. We got along very well, and I liked listening to his wartime anecdotes. I left Edwards to work in L.A. Some time later, I don’t remember how much later, I found out that he had died. Yes, he was old; but he seemed in good health. He was in his back yard one summer’s day in the desert, and somehow locked himself outside. He tried to break into his house, but I guess the heat and exertion were too much for him. Heart attack.

My condolences to your family.

There’s a lesson here. Don’t “wait until retirement” to do all of those things you’ve been meaning to do.

I’m sorry for your loss, NinetyWt.

I don’t think it’s M or P and I get your need to post it totally.

I’m very sorry for your loss, his spouse must be devastated, being so sudden and unexpected.

I, for one, would like to know more of this wacky Wayne, sounds like he might be a man with antics in his past, could you share some with us?

I would like to think of him as more than how he met his end, only if you’re up for it, of course.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Ruby I think you are exactly right. We all need to spend a little more time having fun and enjoying each others’ company instead of working ourselves ragged.

Johnny LA how very sad.

Shirley that made me laugh. :slight_smile:

elbows He was a nut about old trucks - he had two old Chevy’s which ran and a few hulks which he used to cannibalize parts. That was one thing which I liked about him. To think of the starched accountant going home to play greasemonkey. Heh.