So, Rush Limbaugh supports terrorists

Now all you have to do is prove that he takes drugs, or is it too much to ask that you prove an allegation before you declare it as a fact?

I, for one, am willing to give anyoe the benefit of the doubt. If it comes out that it’s true, all bets are off, but until then you are full of crap, Kalt.

Wow, someone hit one of Airman’s nerves!

I would just like to point out that Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are schedule II (i.e. can be prescribed).

Schedules of the Controlled Substances Act

I’m not sure the distinction between drugs which can or can’t be prescribed is going to work here.

But then again, I’m a bleeding heart liberal. If Rush is abusing drugs, he should enter into a treatment program. He should even be required to enter into such a program, if he is found to be abusing drugs. Having a medical problem should not be a crime. Rush may have been a hypocrite, but that is not a reason to prosecute. No one, not even hypocrites, should go to jail for their medical problems.

Funny.

Have you told the last 3 or 4 presidential administrations that?

Note that the following applies ONLY if all this turns out to be true…as of yet we don’t have all the facts (but I must admit it does not look good for Ol Rush)

If this turns out to be true, I will sit back and laugh a very good laugh.

Not becuase I like to see one with an addiction, or other troubles, but AFAIK He has made it pretty clear that drug addicts are weak and should exercise more self control and that they should be jailed. If you are going to make your living telling eveyone what is right and being a moralizing jackass, then jeebus forgive me if I enjoy the day you get caught being a hypocrite.

I wonder if you can stuff crow with vicodin?

Yes, right now it is just an allegation, but same thing with Zacharias Mousoui. Look, I firmly believe “innocent until proven guilty” but the court of moral opinion doesn’t work that way, for better or for worse (yeh, ok, for worse). All the facts (and I don’t just mean a tabloid story, as there’s much more than that, even the bastion of conservatism, fox news, has “independently confirmed” this. Now, Rush will of course come out with excuses … pain, it’s not heroin only medicine, etc. Bullshit. He did it, as far as I’m concerned, and I’ll bet $20 that the whole oxycontin/hydrocodone pill procurement scam vis a vis Mr. Limbaugh is true.

I should also point out that I firmly believe all drugs, not just pot … heroin, fentanyl, crack, meth, etc. should all be legalized, sold OTC, and taxed like nothing has ever been taxed before. Drugs are malum prohibitum, not malum in se. Rush did nothing immoral except lie about it and bash drug users for the past decade. Drug use is not immoral. THat goes for heroin too, not just “soft” drugs like pot or “hard” medicines like oxycontin and dilaudid. I support rush and hope he speaks out against this drug war, now that he has personal knowledge about how fucking insane and ass backwards it is. Also, while we’re on the subject of “supporting rush” I think there’s a big difference between “racist” and “racial” and his statements on ESPN were not “racist” … but since he mentioned a black person they were “racial.” Now i hear people bitching at him for making “racial” statements. “Black people excell at basketball” is a racial statement. Should I start burning crosses? Hell no. Am I a racist? I guarantee you I’m not.

So, right after confirming that it is an allegation, you once again assert it as fact. :rolleyes:

I said “as far as I’m concerned.” I’m not the judge, nor the jury, in the case. In my humble, personal opinion, Rush did it. I said I’m confident enough in my opinion to put $20 on it. I don’t see any hypocrisy here. As far as the law in concerned, he is innocent until proven guilty. As far as my opinion of him is concerned, he did it. OJ Simpson did it, too (and I say that AFTER he had a trial that concluded the opposite).

As I read the articles, I see the dealer wired herself, and then went to the police with the tapes. She was well paid wasn’t she. If the police had her wear a wire, wouldn’t they have been there to grab the stash. You have to be holding for a crime to be committed. Walk into a police station and say, I do drugs, they might do a drug test and charge you with substance abuse. Besides, which Judge allowed her to secretly tape a conversation.HMM The Dealer went to the police after conversing with a tabloid, i’ll wager. By suppling him she created the addict, Rush is naive, I listen to him, he has a different view of life than I. I still consider him a great educator.

Drop-kicking this puppy into the BBQ Pit.

Well when I am not working in Saudi Arabia, I am living in Central America.

The drug trade is killing the culture I love and the people I live with. I don’t like it.

I have sympathy for those with A Drug Problem, but I know their problem funds gangs that kill people for little or no reason.

An innocent doper in the United States sends money to gangs (wherever they may be) that rob pharmacies and smuggle stuff across borders and kill policemen and innocent bystanders.

Sorry, I have seen too much of this violence to have much mercy for rich people who use their money to find killers.

So, the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre can be blamed on beer-drinkers, then?

Rush doesn’t do drugs. Jeez.
check this out

Excerpt…

Further weakening any possible prosecution is the issue of Limbaugh’s celebrity, which Florida attorney Marc Shiner said complicates the case.

“Why would drug dealers turn in their client unless they are trying to save their own neck – or trying to make a couple hundred thousand dollars peddling their story to the tabloids?” he asked.

“If I was Roy Black,” Shiner added, referring to the lawyer Limbaugh has reportedly hired, “I’d be sitting on the beach right now sipping a pina colada or watching a Marlins game and not worrying too much about Rush Limbaugh’s criminal liability right now.”

Did Rush create the McNabb controversy so that he could be “martyred” for political correctness – before he could be fired for a really good reason? He had to know that race is the third rail of sports broadcasting.

Whatever Rush said, it was pretty silly in the context of Doug Williams being Super Bowl MVP way back in 1987. Reagan was president and Dennis Miller had a mullet.

Educator? Really?

A shame. Going to jail on drug charges would’ve been a good educational experience for Rush.

Well, there is a difference between diamonds mined legally by the registered anticompetitive cartels and those that are sold by paramilitary groups to fund killing and rapine and other antisocial acts. Look up blood diamonds on Google to educate yourself.

Short,

Actually, marijuana, cocane, heroin and methanphetamenes are Class I’s (schedule I’s, depending on which pharmacist you talk to.) Class II’s are things like Oxycotin, Codine, Methadone, and the like, and are carried by most retail pharmacies in the USA.

[Cite, Dr. Glenn Coker, Pharm.D., Eckerd Drug Co #2410, Sumter SC.]

Cocaine, rather! (d’oh!)

Hmm… :confused: Perhaps we are talking about different things. The link I provided seems to say differently. Unless my O-Chem is failing me and I am reading it wrong.

It may be that you are correct in South Carolina. I am aware of two sources of drug schedules: state law (usually Uniform Controlled Substances Act) and federal law (the aformentioned plain-old Controlled Substances Act). These both have schedules, but they are not always identical.

Under federal law, cocaine, opium and certain delivery methods of methamphetamine and THC (the active component of marijuana) are schedule II (or so it seems, see the CSA link. ) PCP (presumably for vet. uses) is schedule III under the CSA, but schedule II under some states’ versions of the UCSA.

The SC code of laws server seems to be down, so I can’t check the laws there.

I was under the impression that TAC (Tetracaine-Adrenaline-Cocaine) was still occasionally used in the ER, though lidocaine was prefered. Is this still the case?