So tell me about the Asian/American manufacturing industry.

Any idea when asia started to take control of the whole thing? Was there any legislation that helped or hindered the process. Anything? I want to know it ALL

What, you think Congress enacted a law requiring all manufacturing to move overseas?

The answer to your question would be very complex and cover a lot of different areas. The short answer is that manufacturing tends to go where costs are lower. In the 60s and 1970s that was Japan. In the 80s and 90s it was South Korea and Mexico. Now it is China.

There are those who argue that taxes and regulations put an unfair burden on American business and drives these types of jobs away. Again, I think this is overly simplistic and there are a lot of other factors at work.

Read a book. Here a few to get you started.

The Chinese Century : The Rising Chinese Economy and Its Impact on the Global Economy, the Balance of Power, and Your Job, by Oded Shenkar

China, Inc. : How the Rise of the Next Superpower Challenges America and the World, by Ted C. Fishman

Three Billion New Capitalists: The Great Shift of Wealth and Power to the East, by Clyde Prestowitz

China Shakes the World : A Titan’s Rise and Troubled Future – and the Challenge for America, by James Kynge

I can’t be the only one who thought that this was about the birds and the bees.